MS-1 owner ready to move on
Nov 5, 2007 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cin__server

Head-Fier
OK i have had my MS-1s for a couple of months and have listened to them for about 200 hrs. and my conclusion is that i need something different. i live in a dorm and i need some isolation, not total but some would be nice, i also need a little bit more bass. so this is what i have been looking at.

AT a700 or a900

Beyer DT770/80

maybe

Equation audio RP-21

from this is there anything else i should consider???
i would be selling the MS-1 to fund this.
i have no amp and am not really in a place to get one
my source is a sansa e250 and my laptop audigy 2 zs

music is mostly rock and hip hop, but i do listen to everything. from Cake to Dream Theater to Andrea Boccelli.

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 8
I've owned the three that you mentioned and I sold all three for different reasons. If you want more bass, then both will work but could state what you liked about the MS-1s? What are your music preferences? Will you use them for movies/gaming?

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 8
You won't go wrong with the RP 21s. They are very efficient and easy to drive and very balanced across the audio spectrum. If your recordings have good bass it will produce it, but they won't exaggerate it.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 8
well about the MS-1s what did i like about them?? well i like their accuracy and clarity, when i switch back to my senn HD465s it sounds generally muffled. and i do appreciate the speed and crispness. but lament the poor comfort and lack of shaking bass. ideally i would keep the MS-1. but budget does not allow.

these headphones will be my only speakers at school. they need to be very versatile; movies, TV, Music, all for about at least 4 hrs a day. i can do this with the MS-1s but my ears do feel it. usually if I'm going to watch a movie or TV i switch to the HD 465s for their comfort and they sound better to me for spoken or explosions and stuff. i am really leaning toward the Audio Technicas for their famous comfort. the only problem is that i don't have 50 posts so i cant post an add to sell my MS-1s
mad.gif

Just to make sure, all of the headphones i have mentioned are completely around the ear right?? not just sorta around the ear?

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 8
i'll be happy to buy your ms1's off you, check your PM

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 8
the D1000 would be an option... is it fully over the ear?? i have no problem with things on my ears (like the MS-1s with comfies) but if i think i am going to get an around the ear it better fully surround my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back