MS-1 First Impressions
Oct 20, 2004 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vienna

Head-Fier
Well, I finally got a good chance to listen to my MS-1. I have the other MS-2 and Pros as well, and co ing from those, these suck ! First impressions is that it sounds ok, I guess. I'm used to wearing some E2cs and frankly, for the first few minutes, the Shures sound better. I guess I should be ordering some flat pads here soon. I really hope these things open up. I guess next thing to do is buy a SR-71 and see what happens.

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Yikes! Why did you "Down-Grado?" Of course the MS-1 won't be as good as the MS-2! I have yet to hear the MS-Pro, but I would imagine the same goes for that can compared to the MS-1.

But for portables the MS-1 can get the job done - 40 hours burn in, flat pads, hook it to an amp to a ipod and you are good to go dog walking. Ultimately they were too big compared to my KSC-35 so I let them go. But still, it's a bit unfair to compare them to its big brothers.

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 8
oh i just never spend any time with them. bought them, then bought ms-2 a week later, then the pros i hate traveling with $600+ phones, so I dug out the MS-1

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 8
I have (had, actually. dog ate the e2 last night
mad.gif
) both the ms-1 and e2, and the ms-1 blows the e2 away, hands down.

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
Well, I finally got a good chance to listen to my MS-1. I have the other MS-2 and Pros as well, and co ing from those, these suck !

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but: OBVIOUSLY!

tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 8
well, i figured the difference would be on a scale of dimminshing returns. You know what I mean, you hit a certain point, and the sounds difference becomes less noticible...well I guess from $100 for $300 there is still a huge difference....not as much from $300 to the pros....more refined.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 8
well, after about 6 hours of use....its getting better and better. Its definately not a MS-Pro, but for travling it sounds great. I was getting disappointed at first thinking I might have to bring my expensive rig.... I'm really impressed by this price point at $100....its hard to beat !

Maybe I'll try some Sens for travel phones next.
k1000smile.gif

And by the way, they don;t sound half bad being driven off a IPOd. Next somes the SR-71 tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
well, after about 6 hours of use....its getting better and better. Its definately not a MS-Pro, but for travling it sounds great. I was getting disappointed at first thinking I might have to bring my expensive rig.... I'm really impressed by this price point at $100....its hard to beat !

Maybe I'll try some Sens for travel phones next.
k1000smile.gif

And by the way, they don;t sound half bad being driven off a IPOd. Next somes the SR-71 tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

enjoy the emmeline amp. personally i prefer the meta to the blackbird with grados--the sr71 is a tad too bright for grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back