Mrspeakers Alpha Prime Discussion Thread : Music to appreciate and hear the best of the Primes
Jan 14, 2015 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

M-83

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

I'd love to get a dialogue going for recommendations on great music that lets the Primes sing!!

I love to share new ideas on music to listen to and would appreciate your suggestions, and I will post my suggestions too.

To get things started, here are a few tracks that I've listened to this evening :

=====================

Trance/EDM : "All I Need (long trance mix)" by 'The Mackenzie feat. Jessie

EDM/Chill-out : "Summer of Freedom" by 'Manual'

90s Dance/Pop : "Carry me Home" by 'Gloworm'

=====================

Please chime in with music covering all genres!

Best Wishes,
Dee.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 14
For Electronica lovers, the primes really impress with "Drops" by B.Fleischmann - lots of complex sounds and a wide soundstage, brilliant beat to it.

====================================

For traditional chillout/relaxing (great before bed- I'm listening now just before I catch some zzzz), have a listen to "2/2" on album 'Music for Airports' by Brian Eno. The whole album is fantastic but this particular track just hits the spot.

Edit: The brass instruments in this piece are incredible.

====================================

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 14
Subbed

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 14
I feel the Prime's make the Talking Heads sound so much better. The vocals seem more vibrant, real and natural sounding. And the soundstage on the Prime's, really does compliment the sound imagery of the Talking g Heads. For instance "Our House on the Middle of the Street" has never sounded better to my ears.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 14
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 14
Having a listen to my primes now with my cayin c5, love the openness in sound.

Listened to:

"The Wall" by The Egg. This it's a really nice chilled edm tune, smooth and lush on the primes.

"Turn the tide" by Sylver. A great dance track, with lots of layers and wonderful spacious sound. Lovely tone to the vocals. I love the lyrics.

"Radio Ga Ga" by Queen. This needs no intro. Just perfect with the primes. The depth to the beat/bass, they're it's alot going on in this track and the primes convey it all brilliantly. F Mercury's vice is sublime (the best male vocalist ever I believe).

"Into the groove" by Madonna. A classic 80s tune.

"Lonesome Town" by Holly Johnson. Incredible track. The primes just deliver this in such a powerful manner, the complex layers, and vocals are great. Give the entire album a listen. It's called Europa.

TTFN.

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 14
If you're into modern prog rock...

Bjørn Riis - Lullabies in a Car Crash

A well recorded record, which is just fantastic with the primes.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 14
anyone listening to classical music on these?  impressions?

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 14
  anyone listening to classical music on these?  impressions?

Yeah I just listened to "Memories of Green" by Vangelis. Beautiful!

Have a listen to an album called "Themes" by Vangelis. My favourite track is "Theme from Antarctica", followed by "Love Theme from Blade Runner".

Classical music is wonderful with the primes. I recommend any Sarah Brightman tracks. Especially if live recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back