Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime VS. Beyerdynamic AKT5P / T5P
Aug 31, 2015 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

InsanityOne

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

I am just posting this thread because I am currently stuck between which CLOSED-BACK headphone that I will be upgrading to from my fully modded Fostex TH-600s. I have narrowed it down to the Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime ($650 - $700) and the Beyerdynamic AKT5P / T5P ($550 - $850). I am looking to upgrade because my TH600s just do not "block-out" the sound like I want them to, and with the custom wood cups they tend to start giving me fatigue / pain around the 5 - 6 hours of wear mark due to the extra weight. I generally wear my headphones for 6 - 8 hours a day so this is quite a problem for me as the last 1 - 2 hours of the day can be quite cumbersome. 

So my question to you all is, when it comes to the Beyerdynamic T5P versus the Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime, which headphone would be the all around better choice for performance and comfort? I want a great performing, sound isolating, but still comfortable headphone that I can use as my daily driver for 6 - 8 hours per day and enjoy them just as much / more than I enjoyed my modded Fostex TH-600s.

Thanks for your input!

- InsanityOne 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Bump!

No one has any opinions on this? I am leaning towards the Alpha Prime's, but I have heard very mixed reviews about their comfort. So I would welcome any insight / opinions!

- InsanityOne 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back