Mr. Deputy passes away
Feb 26, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 17
Thanks for pointing this out. Too bad, he was a great character!!

May God have mercy on his soul and may he rest peace!!

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 17
May he rest in peace.

I loved his appearances on the Scooby Doo cartoons.
redface.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 17
He will be missed. Don Knotts was awesome. Another icon in the annals of American television has passed away.

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 17
Damn - this is sad news. Another fantastic actor gone. I knew him as Mr. Furley from Three's Company. May he rest in peace.
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 17
He is honestly to me more of a comedian than guys like Jim Carey or Dave Chappell IMO where they bore me after awhile.I consider him the top of the class for comedians.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 17
Perhaps as a tribute to Don Knotts, TV Land ran the "Opie's Three Wishes" episode of The Andy Griffith Show tonight. One of the great Don Knotts performances of all time. Whoever can witness his carrying the fingerprint kit into the jailhouse back room and not LOL is either humorless or dead.

Rest in peace, Don Knotts!

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 17
It used to seem like celebrity's passed less frequently (because there were fewer of them). TV has changed that, now it seems like your past is dissapearing daily.
eek.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #10 of 17
I was never much into "The Andy Griffith Show" (sorry), but Don Knotts as Mr Furley on "Three's Company"....that was a laugh riot! Don and John Ritter much be having a heck of an reunion up there....

RIP Mr Knotts....thanks for all the laughs you gave us
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #11 of 17
Yeah, big party by the FSM volcano
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, that guy was great. Hearing about his death tonight I start to wonder when I last saw him do anything new.

Just dissapeared into obscurity as he got old. But I suppose, who wants to be working when they are 80?

Many fond memories.

This IPA's for you Don.

You were a true pirate

May the noodly appendages of FSM forever hold you high in the memories of the collective unconcious.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #12 of 17
This is really sad, Don Knotts will definitely be missed. While I don't remember any of his older stuff, I too did remember him best as being Mr. Furley from Three's Company.

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
Seriously though, that guy was great. Hearing about his death tonight I start to wonder when I last saw him do anything new.

Right before he died, John Ritter had a show called "8 Simple Rules...." The show was not that good, but I tune in just to watch John Ritter. In one episode, John Ritter's character had a dream where he was living with 2 girls in an apartment (sound familiar?) and somehow, he woke up in bed with the landlord.
icon10.gif
Of course, Don Knotts reprised his role of Mr. Furley (or RF).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back