Mr. Burr Brown, and the public
Apr 20, 2005 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wrhawk

100+ Head-Fier
I've been doing some reading at a pro audio forum to prepare for some recording i'm planning on doing over the summer and came across a comment that i couldn't help but laugh at:

Quote:

Originally Posted by User A
One more question, Studio Projects is coming out (3-15-05) with an eight channel mic pre here is a quote from the site

Quote:

The new Studio Projects 828 is an 8 Channel mic preamp incorporating the latest rev of Burr Brown IC's. The SP828 is also an 8X2 mixer that allows a real time mix of all 8 inputs two a stereo out buss. Housed in a 1U 19" rack, each channel on the SP828 offers:

Features

• 48V phantom power with LED
• Phase Reverse with LED
• Mic/Line Switch with LED - Defaults to 20dB Pad
• Peak and Signal Present Indicators
• Gain Control
• Level & Pan
• Solo Switch with LED

What is Bur Brown?, are they good?

And the response:
Quote:

Originally Posted by User B
Burr Brown IC's are Integrated Circuits, and I'd say designed by a guy named Burr Brown.

I have no idea if this guy is big in the industry, but I think it's safe to assume that if you are buying an 8 channel pre-amp its going to be pretty expensive if it's good at all. However, time will tell... maybe they will make something really good. Hard to say until someone reputable tests it.

Keep an eye out!

I guess i'm just not used to a forum that doesn't rip apart and study their gear - oh well
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 4
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 4
You'll find that just like the consumer world, the pro world is also full of crap.

Just because the Pro label is slapped on something, does NOT mean it is decent. Just take your average overcompressed pop music CD for example. There are high quality recordings out there that have been done on consumer equipment that (in my opinion) sound far far better. Case in point: do a search for binaural recordings here on Head-fi.

Apr 20, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffL
You'll find that just like the consumer world, the pro world is also full of crap.

Just because the Pro label is slapped on something, does NOT mean it is decent. Just take your average overcompressed pop music CD for example. There are high quality recordings out there that have been done on consumer equipment that (in my opinion) sound far far better. Case in point: do a search for binaural recordings here on Head-fi.

I done my share of binaural research and must say that i'm pretty impressed, but i'm, looking to record more of a demo to send around for gigs and the like. If i end up with a binaural recording rig, i'll be sure and post what i come up with here on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back