MPX3 just arrived
Nov 7, 2003 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

briana

New Head-Fier
After some shipping snafus and a stop at customs--Mikhail was always most helpful, responding to e-mails very quickly--I've got my Linn Ikemi plugged into the MPX3 and it's making great music even through my SR 80s. (I guess that proves Linn's source first maxim.)
The thing that immediately pops out is the detail but then you start to realize the depth and strength of the music's bottom--this baby puts out some real bass. Also it's dead quiet.
Now it's time to reopen my wallet and upgrade the headphones. I guess I'll have to give myself an early Christmas present.
Thjis is my first dedicated headphone amp so don;t ask for comparisons. The only thing I can compare it to is my home rig.

Regarding burn-in--is it safe to leave a tube amp running 24 hours?

Brian

Nov 7, 2003 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 4
I left mine on for 1 week. Just make sure you dont knock it over while it's on. And dont turn it on with no headphone plugged in. Wow Ikemi, I have yet to hear my MPX3 out of a really nice source which is why I am looking to upgrade my NAD C541i which is nothing compare to your Linn...

The MPX3 takes a while to burn in because of those large sexy caps. You might want to look into some NOS tube but the stock tubes are very good already. BTW grab a pair of CD3000, they match really well with the MPX3. BTWx2 welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

3000smile.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by briana
Regarding burn-in--is it safe to leave a tube amp running 24 hours?

As safe as leaving a lamp on for 24 hours. Lamps, however, have lampshades, these do not, so just make sure nothing can fall on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back