MP3Search.Ru-Cheap music to download?
Apr 30, 2004 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Has anyone used this site? It was mentioned in an article on Spymac.com. This cannot possibly be legal. Album downloads of major artists for $0.50 (Linkin Park-Meteora). Thought I would point it out to see if anyone else has come across the site.

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Russia has looser copyright laws than the US. However, I'm not sure of the greater ramifications for you if you use the site.

This site, http://www.allofmp3.com/ is also quite interesting. It's based in Russia and offers 500 MB of downloads for $5, available in many different forms, like MP3, MPEG4-AAC, OGG, MPC, WMA, or FLAC. You pay for the bandwidth, basically. However, I can imagine that something bad's going to happen to it soon. But the fact that it offers FLAC is something worth mentioning. I'm also morbidly curious as to what the RIAA's going to do to it. It's days are numbered....

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 5
I would love to try but I won't register. I prefer to stay off the RIAA's radar. Anyway, I don't mind paying for music. The ability to download flac files or other lossless formats would be nice. Maybe with the new Apple Lossless format, this will be possible through legal means. I agree, it is just a matter of time before the RIAA or the European equivalent goes after these sites.

May 1, 2004 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 5
May 1, 2004 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 5
If I lived in Australia I might give it a try. However, I am an attorney (copyright law not my specialty) and something tells me that this would not be considered legal in the U.S. If it was legal in the U.S. all the music download sites, like itunes, would be out of business in a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back