MP3s iPods computers and "nice" headphones
Jun 21, 2005 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

magid

100+ Head-Fier
So let me lay it out for you. For the most part I listen to my music either directly throuh my iPod with my e4cs or on my mini with my sr-125s plugged in. I bought a headroom airhead amp for portable use. Most of my music ranges from 128kbs AAC to 320kbs VBR mp3. I have also recently bought a pair of HD600s from amazon. I would just like some recommendations on good portable amps for use with the headphones I listed (e4c, sr-125, and HD600 (also have e3c) and a good amp to use with my computer. After the summer I plan on selling some stuff and maybe upgrading to the RS-1s. Do you think it is worth it? What are your opinions? Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Zach

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Well I will see if I like the airhead paired up with my cans and phones when I get it. If I dont I would like to purchase another portable one and then one for my mac.

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't know how much help I can be, but I think my portaphile v2 matches nicely with my e4c's and my grados. I haven't heard much else to compare it to, but it has better treble extension and tighter bass than my pocketamp. The portaphile really does wonders for the e4c from the ipod - smooths out the treble and brings out the bass. I find it hard to listen to the e4c's from the ipod headphone jack now (which I've been forced to do for the past few days, since I lost my sik din
frown.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back