MP3 -> WAV converter?
May 26, 2007 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cyrilix

500+ Head-Fier
What is the free standard for MP3 to WAV converters? I'm having a little trouble with slow MP3 seeks with cue files, so I'm looking to convert all my MP3 to WAV, then WAV to FLAC. I already have FLAC frontend, but it won't take MP3 files, so I need to convert them to WAV first.

Thanks.

May 26, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 9
Try DBPowerAmp.
Keep in mind WAV doesn't retain tags so you may want to convert MP3 to FLAC (which always needs a uncompressed step) all within DBPowerAmp.

May 26, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try DBPowerAmp.
Keep in mind WAV doesn't retain tags so you may want to convert MP3 to FLAC (which always needs a uncompressed step) all within DBPowerAmp.

Can DBPowerAmp do WAV->FLAC as well as the FLAC Frontend though?

May 26, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 9
I tried it myself, and so far it seems to work well, although it does not support dual core encoding without the reference version, which is a trial (it's unfortunate as half of the processing power is wasted).
tongue.gif

I thought it was use something of a slowly updated codec, so something like FLAC 1.12 instead of the latest 1.14, but I'm glad it gets updated often.

May 26, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 9
foobar2000

May 26, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 9
well if it begins in mp3, there really isnt a point in transcoding to flac, but anyways... foobar or dbpoweramp can transcode with tags intact. or you can save the tags with a program like mp3tag or tag&rename and then re-import them into the flac when your done.

May 26, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #9 of 9
foobar2000 converter retains tag info and is multi threaded. well it's not multi threaded really, it just runs multiple instances of the encoder at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back