MP3 players on airplanes
Sep 12, 2006 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aliquis

100+ Head-Fier
My sister will fly for over 30h in feb, what are the usual policy on airplanes, are you allowed to use electronics such as mp3 players? I guess it might differ but usually? Is it hard to get information about if it's ok or not?

What about other electronics, mobile phones isn't normally allowed? Computers with wlan? Computers without wlan?

Sep 12, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by r1n7r4h
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...d-items.shtm#3

This is for the US and because Sweden is part of the EU here are their regulations.

But where is she departing from?

It will be Arlanda/Stockholm to London-Melbourne-New zeeland or Frankfurt-Sydney-New zeeland on the way down and Sydney-London-Arlanda on the way back home.

Sep 12, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 8
I think her best bet would be to call the airline to find out what she can and cannot bring since the EU isn't very specific on what can and cannot be brought and I can't even find a Department of Transit or Aviation agency for Sweden.

Sep 12, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #5 of 8
The US allows MP3 players. At least for some time, the EU did not (and they also would not allow any kind of electronic device or any gel or liquid and they would strip-search every 10th passenger and a host of other insane ****
tongue.gif
).

Sep 12, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Aw, I came in here expecting like a Snakes on a Plane movie for audiophiles...
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Aw, I came in here expecting like a Snakes on a Plane movie for audiophiles...
wink.gif

lol, mp3 player spotting in movies? Maybe you should make another friend where you request movies with headphones
wink.gif

New imdb comments: "I give this movie a 9/10 because it has the ... headphone in it, also I liked the amp"

Sep 12, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I just got back from the sunny south on Delta Connect. It was a doemstic US flight and had my mp3 player and amp and headphones and had no prob. I suffered through a bag search on 1 leg and they had no prob with the rig.
It was also 1st airplane test of new DJ81's and they were great!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back