MP3 Player
Jul 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lonelysuperstar

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I am not versed in and have not dealt with a "good" MP3 Player. I am looking to upgrade from using my iphone. I would like something that has decent power as it will be powering my SoundMagic E50's and I would also like it to be compatible with itunes. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to stay around the $100 mark if possible.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello all, I am not versed in and have not dealt with a "good" MP3 Player. I am looking to upgrade from using my iphone. I would like something that has decent power as it will be powering my SoundMagic E50's and I would also like it to be compatible with itunes. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I would like to stay around the $100 mark if possible.
You'll get more responses in the Introductions & Help forum, but here's my $.02 cents. At $100 your looking at a Hidizs AP60 or a FiiO X1II. Both can play AAC/m4a files just fine, but are not compatible with itunes as far as syncing your library. You would have to copy and paste your files onto the micro SD card due to no internal storage, but these DAPs accept 256 gig cards. For a little more, you could look at the Cayin N3 ($150) or there are more options at the $200+ mark, but none of these will play well with itunes. You'll still have to put all of your files on there by coping and pasting.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 8
You'll get more responses in the Introductions & Help forum, but here's my $.02 cents. At $100 your looking at a Hidizs AP60 or a FiiO X1II. Both can play AAC/m4a files just fine, but are not compatible with itunes as far as syncing your library. You would have to copy and paste your files onto the micro SD card due to no internal storage, but these DAPs accept 256 gig cards. For a little more, you could look at the Cayin N3 ($150) or there are more options at the $200+ mark, but none of these will play well with itunes. You'll still have to put all of your files on there by coping and pasting.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to the copy and pasting as I have a set budget, meaning the other half has decided for me. I was looking at the Cayin N3, never heard of the Hidizs. If it was your money and between the 3 what would you chose? Thank you for responding

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 8
I guess I'm going to have to get used to the copy and pasting as I have a set budget, meaning the other half has decided for me. I was looking at the Cayin N3, never heard of the Hidizs. If it was your money and between the 3 what would you chose? Thank you for responding
Check my signature...lol. I own two of the three I mentioned, but of those two I'd choose the N3. By far best bang for your money with everything that DAP is capable of. It also sounds excellent IMO. If $100 is it, then there is nothing wrong with the X1, but it still has a few issues that users are reporting, but they don't take away from listening to music and it sounds good once you find the right IEMs to pair with it.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Check my signature...lol. I own two of the three I mentioned, but of those two I'd choose the N3. By far best bang for your money with everything that DAP is capable of. It also sounds excellent IMO. If $100 is it, then there is nothing wrong with the X1, but it still has a few issues that users are reporting, but they don't take away from listening to music and it sounds good once you find the right IEMs to pair with it.

Gotcha! Thanks for all the info, are you familiar with this brand?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072C4YPCG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A181KZK8NPP65U&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back