MP3 Player with the best sound ?
Aug 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 47
I own both, and neither is a match for the Amp3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Sandisk Sansa Clip or Fuze if you don't need the flashy features?

Aug 16, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #18 of 47
X1060, Kenwood HD60GB, JVC Alnero, iMod 5.5G ipod with external AMPs and ALO dock cables. BTW iPod Classic line out soundquality is amazing if you pair with right IEMs, AMPs and dock cable.

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #21 of 47
Just ordered the X 1060 on Amazon. Also own the Sansa Clip which to my ears is the best sounding DAP I've ever had the pleasure of encountering. Will probably purchase the new version of AMP3 soon enough as well.

Will all be paired with UM3x. I'll tell you how it goes.

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AMP3 is the only player which is designed only with sound quality in mind , this is a player where the manufacturers are concerned only with sound quality and all other thoughts have been disregarded thus it is the only player which would answer this query!!

Umm..ever heard of the HifiMan 801?

Aug 17, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #24 of 47
electropop;5931380 said:
The Hifiman HM-801 is coming as well... But I reckon the AMP3 is a more humane choice
smily_headphones1.gif

Both purely music players.
electropop;5931380 said:
I am very curious to know when HM-801 will come out ? do you have any inside news for all of us?

Also, do you have ever compaired the HM801 to AMP3 ? what is your comments of the two superior DAP?

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #25 of 47
Cowon players are excellent. Clip is great as well, if you don't care about EQ and sound enhancements.

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HiFiMan HM-801 is best. Period.

where is HiFIMAN? Who have got it at present?

AMP3 is definitely the best, at this PERIOD.

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #27 of 47
Hifiman is sold from Head-Direct, there's a couple of threads on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes and I have herd of $700 as well and no memory!!!

Hmm let me see, based on your conclusions..

[x]designed only with sound quality in mind
[x] a player where the manufacturers are concerned only with sound quality

seems to fit the bill nicely. Definitely fits your requisite of the best player. Not to mention your facts are wrong. It's $600. If you figure that includes an amp module, it's actually not that bad (You figure a new Imod w/ cable is already $675 from ALO, not to mention you need an amp which is at least $100). The Hifiman I believe also has the ability to act as an external DAC as well.

Now if we were discussing the best bang for the buck soundquality, then thats a different matter

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #28 of 47
Yes, you are correct $600 until someone gets one then $700, isn't that so??I believe I should have said concerned only with sound quality and the customer's wallet!! Hisound really do want to produce the best sound at the best price so that more people can enjoy it whereas Hifiman is concerned only with the best possible sound, at any price. You pay your money and take your choice, plus many more people actually have the AMP3 so there are more reviews of it to help one make an educated decision on buying.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 47
MP3 Player with the best sound ?

I can never think mp3 player sound good, but after listening to AMP3 I have to admit that this is a very serious product, specifically designed for music.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my knowledge, Class D amplifier usually have the flaws of thin and dry sound sig.

And I was told AMP3 is the only player applying the Class A amplifier .

it is a common sense ,that class A amplifier is mostly applied in hi end amplifier. the feature of class A AMPLIFIER IS WARM AND SMOOTH.

Have you heard the iQube? Class D and not thin and dry at all. It is quite neutral with one of the biggest soundstage for a portable amp. It goes very well with my UE11s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back