Mp3 player with Lineout? [non-ipod]
Apr 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 12
the sony players have it as well with their adapters. you can buy a special one or you can use service mode discussed in a similar thread to enable it from the dock port and use the special recording cable to do it.

i don't think anyone has tested yet how good it is or if it even puts out a flat ouput but im sure it will come in

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 12
Newegg.com - Creative ZEN Vision W 4.3" Black 60GB MP3 / MP4 Player zen vision w 60 nice enough screen for movies big enough inside to update hard drive size
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 12
you should not hear enhancement from a line out, merely a better signal to send to an amp. in fact, a good headphone out from a portable should be very like a line out when used with an amplifier as the amp will then unload the headphone output.

many lineouts are not proper and still pass through amp circuts. but, then externally amping them or feeding them from a resistor cable will get them to be less loaded

May 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 12
hi, wanna ask if using a portable headphone amp from example the cowon d2 using the '3.5mm mini to mini', be any different from using a line-out of an ipod to a portable amp using the 'ipod line-out to 3.5mm mini' of the amp, it should be better using the line-out? how bout using an amp out of the 1st gen ipod shuffle's headphone out be good too?

May 4, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #11 of 12
The Cowon D2 is said to have a "fake" line-out when increasing to 49-50 volume. I've tried it when I owned the D2 but still a bit skeptical. I'd rather use the "true" line-out in the iPod. That's why I sold my D2 and grasped the Video.
I can hear big difference in the Video but almost nothing in the D2.

The 1st gen Shuffle has a very good internal amp, and many say that it'll sound worse when using amp.

May 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cowon D2 is said to have a "fake" line-out when increasing to 49-50 volume. I've tried it when I owned the D2 but still a bit skeptical. I'd rather use the "true" line-out in the iPod. That's why I sold my D2 and grasped the Video.
I can hear big difference in the Video but almost nothing in the D2.

The 1st gen Shuffle has a very good internal amp, and many say that it'll sound worse when using amp.

d2%20test%20results.jpg

using the headphone socket of my old d2 as a lineout.

comp.jpg

results from my iphone's headphone port, line out and my xonard D2 sound card. ill let you draw your own conclusions from that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back