MP3 player with 1TB microSD support with capacity for 140,000 songs and no touchscreen -- is this even in existence?
Jan 16, 2022 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone. I am posting this on the behalf of a friend of mine. He wants to be able to carry his entire (or the majority) of his music collection with him on the go. Are there any portable DAP solutions that can fill this need? He had mentioned a modded ipod could possibly do this? Besides that, are there any other options available on the market today? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mahalo,

Jim

This is his response below:

"I'm finding that many players, while able to support 1TB microSD cannot actually list beyond 50,000 songs (modded iPod) or simply crap out with RAM limitations.

Any suggestions?"

Jan 24, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 2
So long as you use folder list in stead of cached library, there's no song limit or issues with ram. Since you're mentioning iPod, there's always a Fiio x5ii, if you can find one. the only non fruity dual micro SD without a touchscreen I can think of, without modding. Besides, rockbox is really janky at the best of times. You're probably better off learning how to sort folders in foobar using strings and keep files organised within the microSDs with tags and a sorting string of your liking. I don't think you'll ever find a player with such surplus of ram for such uses. Folder list is the only sensible way of navigating such a huge library, besides a laptop.

The no touchscreen condition is a wierd one, to me. I can't see the benefit of such a limitation. Why would you want such a huge library combined with such an inefficient navigation method? I personally prefer to have remote access (large touchscreen control from phone) to manage such a large library on the go with the DAP still in the pocket or bag, but that's just me. It's there a particular reason for this? Or did you just mean non Android, to which I wholeheartedly agree. Whenever you buy an Android device, it's only a matter of time before they stop updating it and the entire os becomes obsolete. Worse yet, it becomes a security risk online. You shouldn't ever need to worry about such things from an audio player, if you ask me!

Asking your friend via you. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back