Mp3 Player to use with PortaPro's
Jan 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ruijorgemoreno

New Head-Fier
Hello people!

I am sorry to open this thread but in fact, there are so many threads about mp3 player's and so many opinions that I am terribly confused at the moment!

So I have two Q's for you!

!!! First! Are Ipods that bad (or that good) when it comes to SQ?
I think we can buy better sounding player's for the price of a "freakin" Ipod! It's only my opinion though! But...am I that wrong? Is it only me??
I went to several stores and I spoke to several people... And they all say the same!! "Good mp3 player? Ipod!"
And I have listened to several ipods and they do sound good (at least with the stock headphones) and they are quite pleasant to play with but... I feel somethig's missing... Aren't ipods extremely expensive for what they got?
Come on people... What am I missing? Can someone please explain this to me once and for all?

!!! Two! I know I can't do miracles but can I get a decent sounding mp3 player for under 50€ to pair with my PortaPro's?
confused_face.gif

Note to readers: Please don't take this the wrong way! I don't want to disrespect Ipod owners or even apple. I have nothing against Ipods and their successful position in the market! All this words are my own opinion only!
And please keep you negative feedback for yourself! If you're going to reply something like "Hey I have an ipod and I love it!", please don't! That is not the kind of conversation needed here...

RJ.
darthsmile.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 16
The Sansa Clip is the ideal partner for the PortaPro. The neutrality of the Clip goes very well with the warm bassy sound of the PP. And the Clip is mighty cheap too!

You should have bought it already!
wink_face.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 16
Hey Cosmic Fool!
I was already thinkin in Sansa Clip!
smily_headphones1.gif

In fact, I was beginning to write this when you posted your reply!

I found this 3 players on ebay! What can you tell me about them?

-Sansa c200 2GB for 26€ (about 30$)

-Sansa Clip 2GB (it's an auction)
picture: http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20070824/...sm_540x329.jpg

-Sansa Clip 4GB (also auction)
picture: http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/20...sansa-clip.jpg

Can you tell me the difference on the last two? (beside the memory size, off course)
Which one of these three should I go for?

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

RJ.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 16
Beside the memory there isn't a difference. I would advise you to buy the 4GB. You can never have enough storage!
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 16
If you can stretch your budget just a tad you should try the Sony S series. It'll make you want to take an ipod and run it over several times with your car. If you can't quite stretch to the S than I am with Cosmic Fool. the Sansa Clip is a very good sounding mp3 player,

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 16
If you just want a basic player, get a clip. They are way cheap and sound great. Like Cosmic said, a good match for the porta-pros (and KSC75s
ksc75smile.gif
).

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruijorgemoreno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you all for your replies!

Yesterday I visited Sony's website and I did saw those new S models...
But they cost 3 times over Sansa!
I'll check it out anyway..
Thank's once more!

RJ.

Ya, they are typically more expensive. Best Buy sometimes sells the 8 Gig for 79.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #13 of 16
Thank you all for your feedback!

I think I'll go for the clip...
I love the new Sony S545 but it costs me 100€... It's a little expensive for me at the moment. Beside the fact that I am only a student I'm heading to Slovenia in Feb 24th and I'm staying there for the entire semester so..you know...every penny counts
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, clip or clip+? Is there any difference?

RJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back