MP3 Player Suggestions
Sep 16, 2008 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

V3lier

New Head-Fier
Well I got my D2 stolen and was extremely happy with it. So I'm either gonna be saving up for a 16gb D2 or another player. I don't like iPods and I don't NEED videos, themes, flash and other things. I only used D2 for my music which I loved. I would like good SQ as good as the D2 or better. I was wondering about the Sansa Clip or the SOny Walkman but I'm not sure. What do you guys recommend?

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I currently have the Sony NWZ-A728 8GB (A8XX series w/o Bluetooth) and I love it. The sound is crisp and clear, and there are quite a bit of settings to tweak around with. Apparently it's at the top of portable player SQ, but the only thing I ever compared it to was my iPod Touch 1G, and I did notice a difference. There's also the option to play videos on it if you ever decide to. However, the transfer rate is pretty slow.

I'm looking to sell it to make way for my new FLAC collection, so if you are interested, please PM me.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 5
I'll vouch for the SQ on the Clip, it's a great little player and won't break the bank. If you're torn between other options or just want to bide your time, pickup a Clip to tide you over while you decide. On the flip side, if you were really happy with the D2, why not get another one? The Sony's sound nice, I'd give them the nod if you like having bass boost at your disposal, I haven't heard another player that does bass boost as cleanly as Sony.

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 5
cowon all the way imho. my d2 is awesome so much better than my ipod , zen and iriver ever could have thought of being.

my 2cents

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 5
The cowon sound signature (stock) is similar to the sony. However not close enough for them to sound the same sonically.

The clip is flat....really flat. My fuze is flat city. If you liked the cowon and dont plan on amping... dont bother with the sansa

why not buy a second hand iaudio 7 and a seocnd hand sony. Deliberate which one you like more and then offload them both to buy whatever brands 'new hot player' is

i have an s616 you can have for around 50us posted (still under warranty ) shameless plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back