mp3 player for sound
Jun 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

BOgdncrsti

Head-Fier
I need to know what is the best mp3 at sound quality and has biggest output power i was thinking at cowon i7 is there any better player at the same price im interested only for best sound and output not video or radio or ......photos.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 24
Thanks man. I already have a D2+ but if the iAudio7's SQ is just as good I'll get that one as well.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 24
I've never used a d2 but the i7 has kept me happy for longer than most players have...small size and eq,etc are what I like so much.despite some reviews, I find it's sq very good with zero hiss.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never used a d2 but the i7 has kept me happy for longer than most players have...small size and eq,etc are what I like so much.despite some reviews, I find it's sq very good with zero hiss.

love the i7 along with all cowon players =]
small and simple, listening to music

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 24
I sold my D2 and bought a Sony A729, as many people on here said that the Sony players had a warmer/better/-insert random esoteric term- sound signature. Honestly, the sound really disappointed me, which is why I am reselling the Sony player only to get a D2 again. Ergo, get a D2! (imo) Good God, is there a thread complaining about all the crappy decisions made due to advice given in the forums?
Anyway, I can really recommend the D2. It's upside over the iAudio 7 is its expandability.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 24
the sansa clip puts out sound above its price tag.
The sound is a bit rough around the edges, but its a very nice sound and seems to my ears very neutral.
Digital clipping can be a pain with the clip though... seems very very obvious to my ears compared to my STX when the track has clipping.
I've never used an i7, although I will mention that GreatDane had a clip, and is now using the i7 instead.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enjoy it! i have not seen a single person here in korea with one, but i'm sure they exist in their country of birth too!

So what are you seeing? Do tell. I thought many S9's would be floating around there.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 24
I'm currently deciding between these:
-Sony NWZ-S639F 16GB
-iAudio Cowon D2 16GB
-iAudio I7 16GB

How does the S639F match up against the iAudio's? Any opinions on this matter. I'm mostly interested in the soundquality.

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lweijs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently deciding between these:
-Sony NWZ-S639F 16GB
-iAudio Cowon D2 16GB
-iAudio I7 16GB

How does the S639F match up against the iAudio's? Any opinions on this matter. I'm mostly interested in the soundquality.

I have the D2 and the S639F. I prefer the S639F for it's warmer sound, better bass presentation, and wider soundstage.

However, I just recently rockboxed my D2. It's not a final version, but all I did was turn all of the effects off and only turned on the crossfeed effect. In terms of SQ, it blows away the D2 with original firmware and the S639F. Up to this point the rockbox firmware doesn't recognize the SD(HC) expansion slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back