MP3 Player For Gym Use
Nov 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kage

Head-Fier
I recently bought the Sony NWZ-S545 for in-home use only. Now its time to get a gym use only mp3 player. I had a Sansa Clip+ for over year and recently disposed of it a few weeks ago, because the battery couldn't hold a charge more than 10 minutes and sometimes it randomly powers off. I've been looking on getting a replacement and prefer to stay away from Sansa and Apple iPod. I've been looking at the Sony NWZ-W252 and I would like to know if its good and I would like to know what other alternatives to look at. Here are my requirements:
  • Decent audio quality.
  • Good build quality.
  • Battery life is not important, but must be at least 9 hours.
  • Storage space is not important, but will be importing 3 cds a week in MP3 256 kbps.

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 16
Nov 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 16
I've been using a shuffle. It works great although size isn't that great (mine is 1GB) but battery seems to be good and no complaints from me.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 16
Neither did i :p

If you don't want sansa or apple then your guess is as good as mine

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #11 of 16
You should go with the clip+ or the iPod shuffle. Personally I would go with the clip because I used it for a while beforee selling it; it held up well l being covered with moisture and grass from long mornings with yard work.

Having the small sbreen and the custom e are also pluses that the iPod shuffle doesn't have.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #15 of 16
Had my clip-on shuffle (1GB) for several years now w/ no problems whatsoever. Super light and since audio quality isn't quite as important when working out, can fit more than enough songs on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back