MP3 Player 8GB +
May 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kojebee

100+ Head-Fier
Can you help me choose or put me in the right direction in order to buy an Mp3 player? I'm rather out of touch with regards to what is out there at the moment, as I haven't owned a flash player since an early Meizu player died on me.

I mostly use my Ipod 60GB with Portable amp. As you can imagine it can be a touch bulky.

So I'm looking for a player for bike riding and jogging that I can wrap around my neck for ease of use and comfort.

So, I'm looking for a player that has 8GB or more (preferably more or with an SD slot).
MP3, WMA and FLAC.
Good battery life.
Good sound quality and reliability.

Looking for suggestions. Budget isn't a great concern at the mo. My requirements to be meet is more important.

Thanks
smile.gif

May 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 7
The Sandisk Sansa Fuze is available with 8GB, it is cheap, has a long lasting battery, good codec support, an expansion slot and a well regarded sound (my daughter's cheaper, smaller Clip sounds very good and supposedly the Clip & Fuze have identical sound signatures). I have a 16Gb Sony S639F, no expansion slot and no FLAC support, but sounds great, long battery life and excellent build quality. You might also want to consider the Cowon iAudio 7, these are very compact, good battery life, support FLAC, available up to 16Gb (but no expansion slot) and again the sound quality is well regarded by most reviewers.

May 10, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 7
I would choose the Sansa Clip for sports use. Sound quality IS the same as the Fuze. It's less fragile than the Fuze, the LCD screen in the Fuze being it's weakest (physical) spot. I've acidentally put a Clip through the washing machine and after drying out it was fine.

Walmart has been closing out the 8gb clips for $50, some stores may still have a few left. (edit: sorry, I didn't notice your location)

May 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Cowon D2 (not D2+), plus you can find it cheaper than the latter
Excellent battery life, SDHC support.

Plus I see you are Korean, you might find it extremely cheap there.

EDIT: Well for attaching it to your neck (skipped that part), it is a no, but there are some people who take it on a ride.

The Sansa Clip would be the best one for sports.

May 11, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for all of the suggestions folks. I'll look into the prices of all of them and let you know the price equivalents in dollars.

May 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #7 of 7
I decided to order a Cowon D2 (16GB), which cost $183 equivalent. I looked into the Sansa Clip but could only find a 2GB here in Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back