MP3 phones: worth bothering? best model?
Jul 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a nokia 5800 and to me the sound quality is much better than the iPhone. The nokia also has an user eq which does not distort!

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are?

Maybe you mean the first generation iPhone.

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are?

Maybe you mean the first generation iPhone.

mate i see u are crazy about the 3GS SQ after trying a handful of sources. honestly i haven't yet listened to the 3GS but hey i didnt like the older iphone either. now its making me think that the 3GS is being dramatically improved right? okay okay i need to try this thing out as soon as its released in my country.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the N96 SQ isn't that good?

You have to listen to it to really hear the beauty of it. Further:

-dedicated sound processor

-2.8 inch screen

-16GB internal + microSD slot

-Last.FM support: scrobbling/streaming radio

-built-in internet radio app

-built-in podcasting app

Oh yeah, and it makes calls, has TV-out, has one of the better cameras on a mobile, has a removable battery, and can multi-task. Sure, the iPhone 3GS is a great device, but you can't stream music and write an email at the same time. And in most regions, the data plan is cheaper for a non-iphone device.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 21
I got me a cheap Nokia 5130 XpressMusic and I'm very happy with the sound quality. I don't need all the other hassle, just basic phone+mp3 player.. of course it would be nice if it supported ogg and flac too, but I'm fine with VBR MP3s. What really irks me though is they still don't have linux support!! But then neither does Apple. If only there was Android phone with decent SQ.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 21
I have an iPhone 3g and the sound quality is okay. I haven't heard the 3gs but I can't really imagine them changing it up that drastically hardware-wise to where it's different from the 2g and 3g version. There was a thread a while back about apple just changing the default EQ to where it gave the impression of better SQ. I did notice the EQ was a tad different after upgrading the OS to 3.0.

Assuming that you are going to be away from home when listening to music on your phone, I think having an "awesome" player won't really matter much if you're in a crowd or on a train, etc. Get something within your budget and it will suffice, whether it be an iphone, Nokia, or SE, until you reach your house and can listen to your real system. =)

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PortaDiFerro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got me a cheap Nokia 5130 XpressMusic and I'm very happy with the sound quality. I don't need all the other hassle, just basic phone+mp3 player.. of course it would be nice if it supported ogg and flac too, but I'm fine with VBR MP3s. What really irks me though is they still don't have linux support!! But then neither does Apple. If only there was Android phone with decent SQ.

hey theres actually an oggplayer available for your symbian nokia phone. that player plays most of the audio formats including flac. just google symbianoggplayer.com and u'll get the result. u can just download it and install and u are ready to rock.
cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back