MP3 Mass conversion
Jun 27, 2007 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Liver

500+ Head-Fier
I ripped all my CDs awhile back into FLAC and some into OGG. I want to convert them all to MP3 format to use with my Nano.

I have been using RockBox with my Nano, but random charging, and other bugs . . . Well I'll switch back to original software.

I really don't want too, but I mostly use the Nano to work out with, so whatever.

Recommendations on program to convert gigs and gigs of files? Like an automated one, to sit and run and have duplicate directories (one in each format)? On Windows XP.

thanks

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 7
MediaMonkey works great for this stuff, you can create your own custom file structure for it to put all the music into. I believe it works by tags though, so I hope you've kept good tags!

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 7
foobar will do it too. or you can use itunes (but i would do aac as itunes has a crappy mp3 encoder).

i import to apple lossless then have an ipod playlist where i convert all the lossless to 256 vbr aac. works great

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 7
foobar2000 + LAME 3.97

Jun 27, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo Acid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dbpoweramp

+1

the new version lets you select folders with tick (check) marks... so you can easily select a folder and all subfolders, and deselect something you don't want like random phone pranks or something lol

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardnrg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

the new version lets you select folders with tick (check) marks... so you can easily select a folder and all subfolders, and deselect something you don't want like random phone pranks or something lol

that is what I used to convert CD to OGG awhile back, did not know about the new features. Will have to check them out.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back