Mp3/DAP player with BOTH on and off music playing functions?
Feb 25, 2018 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ed612313

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. Im after an mp3/DAP player that has a timer for music on/music off. I know all players have a music off function but do you know of any that have a music on function (ie a timer)?
I want something i can set up and leave plugged in and on and set it to play music between certain hrs and then stop... Its for my mother who is in aged care and has dementia. One of the only things that raises any sort of sense is her fav songs but i dont want the music process left to staff and i dont want the music to be on the whole time. Any ideas? a bonus would be radio to do the same things alss or a mp3 player that can play radio between 10am and 12 and then usic 3pm till 6pm etc.
Any info or ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Ed

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Rockbox has a sleep timer and wake-up function, so any Rockbox capable player would work.

What I would do though, is get something like an iPod Shuffle, that just plays music as a default. Get one of those timers that plugs into the electrical outlet, then plug the Shuffle into that and just leave the switch to on.

Also, a lot of those little desktop radios are glorified alarm clocks with a dock and/or USB port so something that like could work too.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 3
OK... Thanks for the response.
Ive downloaded rockbox on my old Sansa Clip Zip
Where is the function that wil continue the usic playing after its been off? Sorry for the question....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back