Mp3/CD player with resume?
Mar 5, 2006 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SilverBlade

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an mp3/CD player which resumes from where I stopped the player. Like, I stopped the player, start it again a few hours later and can continue off where the play stopped. To me, it doesn't matter if it resumes only at the beginning of the song or not.

So..which mp3/CD players support this feature?

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 9
http://www.creative.com/products/mp3...llery/demo.asp

icon10.gif

seriously , I have a $40 Sony MP3/CDP that does the resume thing just fine.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 9
My Aiwa does so..

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBlade
I am looking for an mp3/CD player which resumes from where I stopped the player. Like, I stopped the player, start it again a few hours later and can continue off where the play stopped. To me, it doesn't matter if it resumes only at the beginning of the song or not.

So..which mp3/CD players support this feature?

You're in luck there. Most current PCDP's have a Resume feature which cannot be turned off at all whatsoever. Of those, most can be reset by simply opening the lid. However, on the very low-end Sony D-EJ/FJ/NE00# series PCDP's, the only way to reset the Resume feature (besides playing a different CD) is to press and hold the Play button for a few seconds.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
iRiver iMP-50 still selling for $20 on close-out at the iRiver online store. It's a little ghetto, but if you stop a cd, take it out and put different one in, it'll resume the new cd from where you left off the old cd... Hey, it's $20!

i used iriver so long ago so i dont remember, thats a good feature. maybe the higher up model have it too, i think it is limited to memory of 20discs.

my archos gmini400 also have a resume button that resume exactly where the song/movie is.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 9
iRiver does this great. Their stuff remembers the last 12 MP3 discs you played. I'm glad that opening the lid doesn't reset the resume anymore. I have plenty of MP3 CDs with album-length and multi-hour files that are a pain to FF/REW through even with iRiver's quick-FF/REW (about 1.2 seconds to get through one minute of music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back