MP3 CD Player Recommendations
Jul 16, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychimp132
Please recommend an MP3 CD Player for me. The following are what I care about:

1. Line out
2. Good sound quality
3. Price below $100

Obviously there are other things to consider as well but these are my top three concerns. Thanks for any suggestions.

The Sony DNE520
1) Line out option
2) Sony's always sound good/has equalizer also
3) $79.00

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #17 of 22
crazychimp132 said:
I went with the D-NE900 and am satisfied so far. It sounds quite good to me. I find I am noticing details in the music I had not noticed before whilst using the Zen Micro. Also, it seems to make the sound more natural, easier to listen to. Perhaps it's placebo, because I have only listened to this for a day so far. I'm listening using the line out to a Porta Corda 2 to HD600s. I briefly played around with the custom equalizer and decided it was useless. Or maybe I can't figure it out. I can only seem to change 3 different frequency ranges at once, even though I have 9 options choose from. That seems silly to me. Other than that, I am impressed.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.[/QUOTE

Good to see you got the ne 900, The custom eq only lets you adjust 3 slopes (pretty silly) . I think its as nice as any modern pcdp as you can get. Just curious how much did you get it for - I paid 160.00 for one and 150.00 for another, I guess about a year ago, you know how this stuff goes down in price!

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 22
I payed $120 on Amazon.

I have now had a good bit of listening time and I definately notice an improvement in sound quality over the Zen Micro. As I said before, more details are revealed and the music is much cleaner, giving it a more natural sound. I am considering comparing it against my old Nomad Jukebox 3 if I find the time. I recommend this player to anyone looking for something in the price range.

Not only is it a great player for home use, it is convenient for portable use too. On several occasions over the past few days I have removed the battery pack, which allows the player to slip very easily into a pocket, and attached the remote and my KSC75s. The remote allows access to all the features available on the player itself.

I will also add that after having been used for at least 10 hours now (I haven't payed close attention), the battery meter is still at 3/4 full. Strangely, it has been at 3/4 while the battery pack is attached, but when removed it has gone back up to 4/4. I guess it is not perfectly accurate. In any case, the battery life has already surpassed that of my Zen Micro by quite a bit, as I had to charge it every other day and I have not charged this once since the original charge, 6 days ago, and am not expecting to have to charge for a while longer.

Jul 19, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 22
Picked one of these up a couple of day's ago and must say using my hd25-1's am happy other than the damned eu volume cap
mad.gif
,still a good excuse to pick up a portable amp
biggrin.gif
i have gone through three dap's in the last two weeks trying to find the best sounding one for my tastes,thought i had settled with the h320 which i still think sounds very good and to be fair is versatile but made the mistake of seeing the sony range of pcdp's in a local shopping centre and 10 min's later had bought the d-ne900,excellent player for the money imho and for these ears the latest dap's still have some sonic catching up to do,plus my cd's can now carry on gettiing used
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #21 of 22
I now have some bad news to report. I'm not sure if it started doing this recently or if I only noticed recently. It is very strange, though. This only starts to happen as the player comes to nearing the end of the CD. I assume it has something to do with reading the edge of the disc making more noise than reading closer to the inside. Whatever the cause is, it annoys me and stops me from enjoying the music.

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drpepper
I was looking for a cheap CD player for a vacation, didn't want to take anything nice on the beach. While poking around @ Wal-Mart, I found the Durabrand (Lenoxx) 968. It has all the criteria you mention, and actually has a nice sound. It's $24.92 and if you don't care for it, it's Wal-Mart - return it, no hassles.
OK, let the flames begin.

I got that player recently (and its the 965, not 968, I think). I think its fairly nice but it has the problem that it skips a lot when the battery starts to loose energy and for some reason, every time you turn it on, the volume goes to magnitud 20 out of 32. I use with the Home Vibe added with a battery pack in order to save what remains of my eardrums. I'll say it sounds nice with CD and high bit MP3's. No skipping whatsoever while using it in the car, connected to the cigarrete ligther.

Anyway, I got it because I just got a burner and felt like burning my last remaining 30 dollars. But I like it and I think it would be a keeper as son as I fashion a battery pack for it and take it on a tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back