Mozart Recording Help
Feb 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

swmaxxx

Head-Fier
I play the piano and I'm currently in the middle of an incredible piece by Mozart called Fantasie d-moll KV 397 (385g). A while ago I got the entire discography of Mozart. As soon as I started playing the piece I looked up this song in my library. I found that the performer is playing this in more of a Romantic style. I'm not sure what his/her name is but the person is using way to many liberties in his or her playing of this Classical piece. If anyone can find another recording of this piece, I would be very grateful. I would prefer it to be a free download but a CD would be alright as well. (CD does equal lossless ripping after all). Thanks in advance.

Feb 4, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 12
Brendel or Goode are both in the style you seek.

Feb 4, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 12
I'm really not looking for an Asian pianist. Their interpretation is slightly different from that of an European artist, but its enough for me to notice an Asian presence. Now I'm not saying they are bad players. They are far better than I will ever be. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm probably not making much sense.

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 12
I think Mitsuko Uchida might be what you're looking for too.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 12
Amazon has both artists. Just search on mozart and brendel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swmaxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok but where could i get the cd?

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by swmaxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really not looking for an Asian pianist. Their interpretation is slightly different from that of an European artist, but its enough for me to notice an Asian presence. Now I'm not saying they are bad players. They are far better than I will ever be. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm probably not making much sense.

I think I *may* know what you're gettin' at...but

I simply suggest this...go here: Mitsuko Uchida _ reviews

read the reviews...consider the source..and I'm confident you will quickly be inspired to hear her.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 12
That was a strange comment about an "asian" pianist. As a pianist, Mitsuko Uchida is firmly in the German tradition. Trained there. The idea that one's race or place of birth results in a particular playing style is silly. There are certainly training traditions - the russian v. german school, etc., but today a pianist born in one school can be trained in another. With modern transportation, the proliferation of recordings, and the breakdown of iron curtains, the isolated schools are becoming a thing of the past. It's your loss if you dismiss Ochida on the basis of her race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back