Moxpad X6 First Impressions And Review Thread
Oct 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 18
Was considering grabbing the Moxpad X6.
I was thinking about getting them with a MMCX Cable of my liking.

Before I completely commit to that though, could someone give me a comparison of the Moxpad X6 vs. KZ ZS3?

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #17 of 18
Was considering grabbing the Moxpad X6.
I was thinking about getting them with a MMCX Cable of my liking.

Before I completely commit to that though, could someone give me a comparison of the Moxpad X6 vs. KZ ZS3?

Having both of those, I’d say take a pass on both. If you want something much better for around the same price, go for the Kinera BD005 or KZ ZS5. The ZS5 has a wider soundstage, however can get ever so slightly sharp in the treble region, depending on the recording. The Kiinera is the more comfortable of the two, and uses the MMCX connectors, it’s a really nice warm consumer tuning, similiar to the 1More Triple, however not quite as good in the imaging department.

In short, the Moxpad is really unspectacular, and soundwise is not really close to the above mentioned options. The ZS3 is really well tuned but in my opinion not quite as good as either I’ve mentioned. Also, it is a really strange fitting IEM in a general sense. Check Gearbest for sales on the ZS5 and Ali Express for the Kinera. Hope this helps.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #18 of 18
Having both of those, I’d say take a pass on both. If you want something much better for around the same price, go for the Kinera BD005 or KZ ZS5. The ZS5 has a wider soundstage, however can get ever so slightly sharp in the treble region, depending on the recording. The Kiinera is the more comfortable of the two, and uses the MMCX connectors, it’s a really nice warm consumer tuning, similiar to the 1More Triple, however not quite as good in the imaging department.

In short, the Moxpad is really unspectacular, and soundwise is not really close to the above mentioned options. The ZS3 is really well tuned but in my opinion not quite as good as either I’ve mentioned. Also, it is a really strange fitting IEM in a general sense. Check Gearbest for sales on the ZS5 and Ali Express for the Kinera. Hope this helps.

Appreciate the feedback.
I still plan on grabbing a pair later, actually everything mentioned is currently on my list.
I've heard people rant about the Kinera BD005, & I've also heard mixed opinions. People calling it the ATH-M50 of the IEM world.
The ZS5 I've auditioned once, I really like it though it's almost too crystallized in some of its high ranged extension. ZST's were the same way, though over time thankfully those highs began to roll off more during its break in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back