Moving up from KEF M200, recommendations?
Mar 13, 2016 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Metalomaniac

100+ Head-Fier
My two-year-old KEF M200 had something loose inside the left earpiece although they worked fine, but my retailer is replacing them in warranty. What happened to actually fixing stuff? Anyway, now I could eBay new-in-box M200s. The sub on my KEF speakers had to be fixed a few years back, so I think I'm done with that brand. I hate the microphone which is always snagging on shirts and jackets, so that's another reason.

I'm looking for something in the under-300 range, no microphone or remote. RHA T20 seems to get really good reviews, but I'm not fan of the over-ear cable - had that design on Shures I had a few years ago and hated it. Also, I imagine the vent would limit the isolation offered by IEMs - not a good thing in my view as I listen mostly on the metro and while walking.

As seen in another thread, I'm not able to tell the difference between a 130kbps MP3 and hi-res audio file, so I'm also open for other suggestions on what to upgrade to improve my audio listening on the go. I have Sony NWZ-F886 with FiiO Kilimanjaro portable amp. In other words, if an upgrade of the player or amp would make a bigger difference in audio quality than higher range IEMs, I'd consider keeping the M200s. I'm no audiophile, but do enjoy the sound of the M200 versus my gym IEMs, Sennheiser CX-300 II.

I listen mostly to metal, progressive metal, rock, hard rock, and blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back