Moving on from the Er-6i.. where to?
Feb 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zorander

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all,

My Er-6i is currently out of commission so I am looking for a replacement IEM to pair directly with my Blackberry Bold 9700 phone.

I'm looking to spend US$100-200 (open to used sets from the classified sections). Something with good detail-resolution, bass presence and (perhaps asking too much here) euphonic presentation like the K340 or HD-650 will be great. To describe where I'm coming from, I thought the Er-6i was OK-sounding: clear sound (not necessarily detailed), rather spitty upper frequencies and adequate bass quantity (could be faster/more dynamic though). Isolation is top-notch.

Please shoot your recommendations and thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 4
When I listen to HD 650 I get that same feeling...everything sounds so natural..just right. I get that same experience from my PFE. The fact that I get a great fit with PFE really helps. My RE0 sound nice but I dislike how they fit/seal...not a very good experience for me. I also own the ER6.

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 4
The RE0 has about the same amount of bass as the ER-6i according to someone, possibly ClieOS.
If you get a good fit, you'll definately love the RE0. It has excellent fast bass, not as much impact as a basshead would like but for you it would probably be plenty. The PFE does have better bass impact, but has a treble spike that you may or may not like.
I think the PFE is superior to the RE0, but the RE0 is more neutral.
Oh, and I've heard the PFE likened to the HD-650 (as GreatDane has mentioned) a few times before, even once in PM, so that's probably a safe bet.

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 4
For about $200 you can get the CK10; reviews have pegged it as an upgrade to the RE0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back