Moving from Sennheiser IE8's, into the headphone world.
Oct 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jaykay001

New Head-Fier
Hello folks,

I'm looking for some advice with purchasing some new headphones. I currently have a set of Sennheiser IE8's, which I've had for a good few years now, however, I am looking at moving into the headphones world.

I love the Sennheisers, but they do tend to get a tad uncomfortable after a while. I guess this is just down to them being in-ear perhaps, or me?

My dad has given me a pair of his Grado SR60's, and although they sound good and seem comfortable, I'm not so keen on the open back, and they are a bit too bass light for my liking.

I guess a downside I have is that the majority of the time they will be driven by an iPhone, and whilst flying, a MacBook. So perhaps something that doesn't need to be driven too hard, and does a decent job of keeping the music in, and ambient noise out.

I have a budget of up to £300.

Thanks,

Jay

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 3
what do you expect from your new headphones? wide soundstage or more bass? what do you listen mostly? elaborate a bit

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I listen to a wide range of music, but I'd say mainly focused of hip-hop, and dance.

I don't want the bass to be overpowering, but I want it to present. Not sure I'm making much sense there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back