moving from razer head set to a900x; volume control question
Sep 19, 2014 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

exdriver

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post here, and I tried to find my own answer first to no avail.

Anyway, as it says in the title, I am planning on moving from my razer megaladon headset to the audiotechnica a900x. I understand that everyone says that the a900x don't benifit greatly from an amp, but I am wondering what is the best way to control the volume while connected to my pc. The razer headset has the built in control, so I could just turn the wheel up or down to change the volume. I'm hoping for a similar setup with the a900x. Do I need to buy an amp or a DAC for this function? Or is there something cheaper on the market that I am missing?

Thanks for your time,
Ex

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 2
DACs have no volume control but yes, an amp does. So your options are to either get an amp or adjust the volume from your computer.
If you're still using your computer's onboard audio your headphones could benefit greatly from a better DAC. There are plenty of relatively cheap amp/DAC combos that'll do just what you want and offer much improved sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back