Moving from iPod to Zune - Album Art?
Feb 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Arainach

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got a 30GB Zune that I'm loving and I'm seriously considering making it my primary player as opposed to my 160GB iPod. Here's my question:

I have my entire library (~140GB) meticulously tagged and with Album Art in iTunes. I REALLY don't want to have to re-do album by album to get the Album Art to appear on the Zune. Is there an automated utility that will convert the iPod Album Art currently in the files to Zune Album Art?

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 8
zune software would add the album art if it's embed in the mp3. Im not sure .but I believe it downloads from the main server as of the ID3 tag album name.

Otto

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Man of Genius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't think you would have to convert it at all. Unless iTunes does not embed album art but that would be silly.

When I have the Zune Software scan my MP3 directory, it doesn't find Album Art for most of the music. Quote:

zune software would add the album art if it's embed in the mp3. Im not sure .but I believe it downloads from the main server as of the ID3 tag album name.

The Zune software CAN find it usually as part of its "Get Album Information" feature, but that has to be done album-by-album (what I'm trying to avoid) AND it re-tags my files, overwriting stuff such as my careful delineation of my music into 8-12 Genres so I can find what I'm looking for.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 8
Just name the album art from iTunes to "folder.jpg" or "zunealbumart.jpg" and place these JPGs in the corresponding folder.

Zune software should pick it up.

It is highly recommended to embedded your album art using Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) so you can use reverse sync in emergencies.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 8
When I add music without album art, the Zune software usually picks up the album art automatically. It doesn't require me to use the "Find Album Info" button manually.

As long as the ID3 tags are name correctly, the Zune software should be able to get the album art by itself.

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 8
I have better luck with the Zune desktop software finding the corresponding album art than iTunes does. It does so on its own once the music is imported. Sometimes you have to right click on the album to get art of select "get album info" or something like that. There is no need to think about copying your iTunes art to to the Zune desktop etc. You can also go out to the internet and copy and paste an image onto the album with the Zune desktop which is not possible with iTunes I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back