Moving armature Question[Frequency Question]
May 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking at Knowles and Sonion Armatures. I notice that all of the frequency charts just straight up cut of at 10,000hz. why is that, especially if they are a dual TWFK with a woofer and tweeter. it makes no sense.  how are these companies able to list drivers at 20hz-18khz when the frequency charts for the TWFK's dont even come close to that?  Do I need special tuning equipment, or does the driver reach past that frequency.  I really don't understand how a company "tunes" a product.  Is there a special tool?

May 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 7
A rep from Knowles mentioned that the frequency charts are basically meaningless.
The frequency response is dominated by the application.
The "tuning" they are talking about are little acoustic filters that go in the sound
tube between the driver and your ear canal.

May 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 7
A rep from Knowles mentioned that the frequency charts are basically meaningless.
The frequency response is dominated by the application.
The "tuning" they are talking about are little acoustic filters that go in the sound
tube between the driver and your ear canal.
by application, do you mean the placing of the drivers in the mold?? I did find it difficult to grasp a concept of tuning an already static design. So filters control the qualities?? As to whether the mids are forward, recessed, weak bass, etc?

May 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 7
The length and diameter of the sound tube and the depth of insertion
into your ear are some of the major factors in determining the frequency curve.

May 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back