Movie: I Am Legend
Dec 15, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #31 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting aspect - they basically had no background music during the scenes of Smith in NYC. It was very apparent and shows how much music is used in movies.

"No Country For Old Men" perfected this technique IMHO. No music soundtrack at all until the credits rolled. Made the movie feel VERY realistic, and quite immersive with the absence of a musical soundtrack.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"No Country For Old Men" perfected this technique IMHO. No music soundtrack at all until the credits rolled. Made the movie feel VERY realistic, and quite immersive with the absence of a musical soundtrack.

Definitely draws you in - no music. I'm really interested in seeing No Country For Old Men.

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #34 of 65
Quote:

I'm really interested in seeing No Country For Old Men.

I can highly recommend it. I really enjoyed it.

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #36 of 65
If you mean Will Smith it depends on the movie for me. I'm not a big action or blockbuster kind of guy, but I thought he was great in "The Pursuit of Happyness".

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #37 of 65
Saw it tonight.

I like Will Smith, but from the previews thought it would be a mixed bag. So I had low expectations.

Unfortunately, the movie fell below those lowered expectations. It was flat...it just didn't keep my interest and was dull.

It wasn't a bad movie, but it was decidedly mediocore and completely forgettable.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #38 of 65
saw it tonight. thought it was much better than i expected. still a zombie movie but as far as that genre goes, it was very good. also saw 7 min preview of the dark knight. wow! looks very promising.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

...There is one scene I had an issue with and trying to think of why it was done the way it was. I won't get into it now since I'm sure most of you haven't seen it yet. I also liked that they didn't go the gory route.

****Spoiler Spoiler...!***

The strangulation? Probably done the way it was to keep the PG-13 rating.

Only problem I kind of had with it is that there's no way he could be driving the Shelby 3 years after all hell broke loose. All the gas would be bad by then...

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #40 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw it tonight.

I like Will Smith, but from the previews thought it would be a mixed bag. So I had low expectations.

Unfortunately, the movie fell below those lowered expectations. It was flat...it just didn't keep my interest and was dull.

It wasn't a bad movie, but it was decidedly mediocore and completely forgettable.

I'm betting that this will be the general reaction and that it will not do well at the box office.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #41 of 65
Will Smith is not Vincent Price. He's not even a tenth of Vincent Price.

Also, I find it a touch blasphemous that the movie to actually bear the book's name deviates the farthest from the book's ending.

Spoiler:

This isn't "I am Legend", it's "I am Noble Sacrifice". They destroyed the entire bloody point of the book.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #42 of 65
Quote:

I'm betting that this will be the general reaction and that it will not do well at the box office.

I was thinking more about my post today, and I think I was too harsh on the film. It did start out promising (although Castaway covered similar themes with more substance), but ended up flat. It's better than mediocore, but I still wouldn't call it good. Better than a mixed bag, but not by a lot. I definitely still think it's pretty forgettable in the longer term.

I actually think it will do reasonably well at the box office...a lot of receipts are driven by the first weekend, and the theater I go to-normally not busy-was pretty packed. I'm sure it will blow away the rest of the box office this week, then suffer the usual drop next week.

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #43 of 65
From the previews I've seen the movie really reminds me of "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston. Though that's probably a movie many of you have never heard of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back