Movie: I Am Legend
Dec 12, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #17 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to seeing this one in IMAX this weekend. From what I understand there's supposed to be a special extended preview of The Dark Knight that's supposed to be shown exclusively at IMAX showings of I Am Legend. This will be my first IMAX movie so it should be a treat regardless. I know this will only have a loose connection to the book but I have a hard time believing this movie will be a total stinker, Will Smith or not.

enjoy, i saw my first IMAX a few weeks ago saw beowulf and wow that movie wouldnt be that tight if i saw it in a normal theater

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #19 of 65
IMAX here I come. Too bad I work on Friday and Saturday, but maybe I can make some time on Sunday. Movie looks interesting and apocalyptic, and hopefully its better than the last Resident Evil, which was afwul.

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #20 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wil Smith plays the same character in every movie he makes. The previews indicate this will be the case again in this one, too.

I will probably see it anyway, but I sure wish a real actor was the main...

In Pursuit of Happyness??? same character as say...Bad Boys...or maybe...Independence Day...or....Enemy of the State..or Hitch?

Whatever.

Looking forward to I Am Legend.

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 65
This one looks very interesting from the trailers, and at the very least, it can't be any worse than The Omega Man, and the originator of talking through your teeth, Charlton Heston
biggrin.gif

Wasn't much of a fan of Will Smith, but I thought he was great in Pursuit Of Happyness, and I Am Legend looks ultra-serious, which I love in a sci-fi/horror type film.

Haven't seen Last Man On Earth yet, will have to rent it so I can compare all three.

There is a rip-off direct to DVD movie entitled "I Am Omega" that was recently released from the same company that came out with the awesome "Snakes On A Train"
biggrin.gif
. I will pass on that one.

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #23 of 65
I wish the earth would just end in one of these movies. Im so sick of the tanks rolling in at the end, or the planes flying overhead in the last 5 seconds, or etc. etc.

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #27 of 65
Same here. I want to see the Batman preview too.

I just can't stand Smith's acting or lack thereof. Men in Black, Wild Wild West, Independence Day, I Robot, etc. - always the same and always changes made to the original in order to accommdate or showcase Smith. You would think that by now he would have gained in his acting skills with so much practice!

For its' small budget (Italian film), Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price was, to me, closest to the book by Matheson. It has long been one of my favorite movies and I had spent a long time waiting for it on VHS, then LD and finally on DVD. Vincent Price has always been one of my favorite actors and I hated to see him pass.

Charleston Heston is a great actor too but Omega Man was only vaguely close to being a resemblance to the book and didn't do anything for Heston as an actor ( a down period for him?).

Anyway, great thread. Thanks!

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #29 of 65
I saw the movie today. I thought they did a terrific job with portraying how absolutely lonely he was. And the deserted NYC was very well done. Interesting aspect - they basically had no background music during the scenes of Smith in NYC. It was very apparent and shows how much music is used in movies. There is one scene I had an issue with and trying to think of why it was done the way it was. I won't get into it now since I'm sure most of you haven't seen it yet. I also liked that they didn't go the gory route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back