mouth ulcer cure [random topic lol]
Sep 16, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazerboy2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canker sores (ulcers) differ from cold sores, being that they are NOT an STD.

This is a very common misconception as well. All coldsores are not necessarily STD related. I caught Herpes Simplex as a toddler (Result of a crapped out immune system after I had Kawasaki's disease) and used to get rare break-outs as a result.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a very common misconception as well. All coldsores are not necessarily STD related. I caught Herpes Simplex as a toddler (Result of a crapped out immune system after I had Kawasaki's disease) and used to get rare break-outs as a result.

The strain of herpes simplex that causes cold sores only affects the mouth, IIRC. Like all kinds of herpes, though, once you catch it (usually be sharing a cup, cigarette etc. with someone) it's pretty much with your forever.

Cold sores and canker sores (the physical symptoms) are VERY different. For one, cold sores appear on the outside of the lip, and have a very sharp pain usually associated (for me at least) with touch. Canker sores appear on the inside of the lip and while touch makes them hurt too are especially affected by anything salty or sour. Salt & Vinegar potato chips are KILLER when you've got a canker sore.
tongue.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazerboy2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canker sores (ulcers) differ from cold sores, being that they are NOT an STD.

I know the difference well, as I get both(see my last post). Also, they are not necessarily sexually transmitted. They are an ORALLY transmitted disease, which while not precluding sexual activity is usually passed by drinking glasses, kissing etc.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #19 of 25
I like putting a fresh clove of garlic on them when I get them- usually whenever I bite my lip. Cut the clove in half, and put the juicy cut side right onto the canker sore. YEAH BABY! Now that's some pain. If you can do 10 seconds, then it means you've got a hairy chest big %^&% etc...
biggrin.gif

But they seem to really withdraw after that, and don't hurt for about 24 hours.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think lighting the ulcer with matches will do the trick?

Sure, if you're up to burning off the inside surface of your lip. You'll have a pretty painful burn injury... but look on the bright side, you won't have your canker any more.

I say wait it out. They always go away for me.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #23 of 25
Another remedy idea that I can think of is using the maggot treatment. Put a dozen of those bad boys on your ulcer and let them munch away the ulcers (and lips perhaps)

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another remedy idea that I can think of is using the maggot treatment. Put a dozen of those bad boys on your ulcer and let them munch away the ulcers (and lips perhaps)

That only works on cold sores. For cankers, you need leeches.

Sep 17, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #25 of 25
If you don't take a daily vitamin, you should start, as it is a very good preventative step for me. I hardly ever get them while taking vitamins, but much easier when I stop taking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back