Mouser Shipping Times?
Jan 28, 2005 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

d00dz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knew what the average length of time it takes to recieve a package from Mouser.com

I ordered a package on the 13th of January and it said that it would ship the next day, so Friday the 14th of January. I have still not recieved my package and it's been 10 business days not including weekends.

The e-mail invoice said that It shipped with USPS and mouser did not provide a tracking number. It might also be worth mentioning that I live in Canada.

Maybe I am just spoiled from Digikey.com since I usually get my package the day after it ships.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 9
don't digikey have a canadian distribution house also? it took about 12 days for mouser to get a package down under. have you tried emailing them?

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 9
The problem has to do with customs...it can take a 7-10 days from what i am told
rolleyes.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GWN
I've ordered many times from Mouser (8 to 10 times). It normally takes around 7 to 10 days for the package to arrive at my door.

What shipping service do you usually use? Did you pay anything like customs/duty fee? Im going to spend about a $100 at mouser soon and $50 at Digikey, Im so afraid of customs fees
frown.gif
I've heard it depends on what type of shipping service you use. Any experiences here?

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I normally use USPS Global Priority Mail. There is normally a $5 brokerage fee from Canada Post plus GST/PST.

Whatever you do don't use UPS ground. The handling and brokerage fees are exorbitant.

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 9
It normally takes 5 days for UPS to deliver my order from Fort Worth, Tx. to
Orlando area. With UPS there is a tracking no.; not so w USPS. Mouser does not insure or guarantee delivery via USPS; however the post office rarely loses a shipment.

If I were over the border I would not use UPS either. Just wanted to let you
know what Mouser told me regarding shipping within the US.

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewer Guy
It normally takes 5 days for UPS to deliver my order from Fort Worth, Tx. to
Orlando area. With UPS there is a tracking no.; not so w USPS. Mouser does not insure or guarantee delivery via USPS; however the post office rarely loses a shipment.

If I were over the border I would not use UPS either. Just wanted to let you
know what Mouser told me regarding shipping within the US.

Correct, my comments about UPS only apply with orders from USA to Canada. When I lived in the States, I often used UPS with good results. I was fortunate enough not to have a horror stories with UPS as others have had.

The problem with using UPS from USA to Canada is that most people select their Canada Standard rate, because it is the least expensive. When you do that you get hit with handling fees and brokerage fees of anywhere between $35 and $55 regardless of whether the value of the item ordered is $1000 or $1. The trick with UPS trans-border is to select their Expedited or Express services. More expensive but all fees and handling charges are included in the initial fee. No surprises at delivery.

USPS Global Priority mail does provide a tracking number but tracking is only provided during the USA portion of the travel.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks everyone for all of the information. I guess I'll just wait until it arrives and not worry since it's only been 11 buisness days.
I just wish they had shipping like Digi-Key, talk about fast.
And yeah, i'll never order UPS Ground from the states...i've had enough surprises in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back