Mouser.com
Mar 13, 2004 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

hybridamp

100+ Head-Fier
Just curious if anyone else had this similar problem...

I ordered the popular Elpac 24v Regulated WallWart Powersupply from Mouser.com yesterday. The Price was $28.00 + "UNKNOWN" Shipping. I thought, ah well, UPS Ground Shipping can't be 2 much, so I didn't pay much attention to the "UNKNOWN" shipping item.

Then today, I received an e-mail from them with my Invoice Attached. It had my total at $36.00. Thats $28.00 + $8.00 for UPS Ground Shipping. Seems like a great deal to me and good pricing on shipping.

HOWEVER, I checked my credit card statement online, just to confirm, and they billed my card for $58.00, instead of the $36.00, that it said on the Invoice. I, of course, e-mailed them immediately to let them know about their mistake and request a refund for the over-charge.

My question is:

1. Is this a common mistake with Mouser, and has it happend to anyone else on here?

2. How good is Mouser's customer support at resolving such issues?

Thanks, just a little concerned about losing extra cash on the deal...

Mar 13, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 15
I've ordered from them at least 50 times, and can't say anything like that ever happened to me.

Mar 13, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 15
Hrm, if it wasnt for bad luck, I wouldnt have any luck at all.
wink.gif

Did your initial order form say: "Shipping UNKNOWN" also?

Mar 13, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 15
I've never had a problem ordering from mouser. Yes, they always say "shipping unknown" because they claim to charge actual shipping (I have my doubts).

Mar 13, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 15
An item I ordered was out of stock. They decided not to let me know and shipped it at a later date. They charged my credit card full shipping for an item worth a dollar without my permission.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 13, 2004 at 7:23 AM Post #7 of 15
I have been through the same things with Mouser.
They tacked on a mysterious $20 shipping fee one time.
When I called them the gurl I talked to said she couldn't figure it out and that she would contact UPS and see what the deal was.
She never called me back so I contacted her boss but she was gone that day.
When she called me back she told me they sent me a check...No other questions asked.

Other mistakes they have made...
I once ordered 25 Molex KK style connectors ... they sent 25 switched pots. I called them about that and said keep the pots and shipped me the correct parts via UPS overnight.
The same kinda thing happened with some white LEDs. I ordered 10 they sent me 100 of them. The only thing different is they did a call back on those.
smily_headphones1.gif

I threw the pots in the box and wouldn't you know it the same lady called me again and said thanks.
biggrin.gif

I have also dealt with the backorder thing.
They tried to send me 6 resistors one time witch after shipping totaled $8 IIRC.
Needless to say that package got refused and once again the same lady offered a rebate for the whole mess.
She told me to avoid the whole backorder mess you have to add a DO NOT SHIP BACKORDERED PARTS (or something similar) comment to the order or they will ship them.
I wont even get into the whole deal with the eight damaged Hammond enclosures I have dealt with
I think it speaks volumes that the sales manager now reviews all of my orders before they ship.
smily_headphones1.gif

In short.... yes, they make mistakes but their service more then makes up for the mistakes.
Call them, they will fix it.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 15
I called mouser a few days ago about that as well. I ordered around $50 in parts and got charged $83 including shipping to my mastercard. When i called them, they told me that its just the reserve amount they put on it, and they will only charge me the correct amount. A few days later, i rechecked my statement and i was only charged $8 for ground, so all was good.

-ivan

Mar 15, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 15
My guess is your card was just authorized for an additional $20 which deducts from the balance available... gas stations do the same thing... when you swipe your card it doesn't know how much gas you're gonna need, so it just "guesses" $50 or so and then submits the real amount at a later time.

Mar 16, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 15
They were going to do something similar to me. I had a half dozen tiny plastic knobs on backorder. These babies were about fifty cents apiece, so under $3. They told me they would ship them when they arrived.

"at no additional postage?" I asked

"you would pay ground shipping" she said

"no thanks, cancel the backorder. I'm not interested in paying $5 shipping for $3 in plastic knobs" I said

"I'll see if we can waive it" she said.

And they did. Took a day or two for the response.
But it sounds like they would not hesitate to send you a package with a backordered Q-Tip in it and charge S/H if you don't speak up. I could see it on a big item, maybe.

As for your price, that is all out of whack. Should have been maybe $6 at the most for ground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back