Motorcycles owners?
Jul 5, 2002 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
I understand that quite a few members once owned bikes at one time or another. I just was curious to know who currently ownes a cycle and the model.

I currently own a 1994 Yamaha Seca II. Next year I WILL buy my dream bike: 2000 Honda VFR.

That will be definitely big enough for the wife and me!
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 38
I own a yamaha r6 crotch rocket

it's quick little bugger, I also got a Arata exhaust system

I am looking at getting a nice cruiser bike like the bmw k1200
as I think i would prefer the more uprigth sitting position

and I am not a harley man
(though they arne't too bad, but have way too little power
and bad fuel consumption)

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 38
And the Harleys are way too damned loud.

Gettin' a Nighthawk 750 in September.

Last bike was a seriously tweaked RD350 Yam. 1100's couldn't touch me 0 to 100. Cornered like on rails, but only weighed 250 lbs. Really serious rocket, but runnin' 25 to 1 oil it smoked pretty bad. Way too old for that now.

Jul 5, 2002 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 38
Also the Florida Legislature, in its infinite, or is it infinitesimal, wisdom, has repealed helmet laws. Deaths have more than doubled. Anybody who rides without a GOOD helmet, deserves what happens.

Jul 5, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 38
I have a 1971 Honda CB500. It is now in need of a clutch and a good carb flushing. I rode it almost every day to school and work for many years. It was cold and wet sometimes in Seattle but that bike was made for the desert. 9 years of riding on and around China Lake CA.

Jul 6, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #10 of 38
Used to have a Yam RD 250
But was no good at riding it though!
redface.gif
redface.gif

Setmenu

Jul 6, 2002 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 38
A cool thread for a change,

Me:

1971 Husky 510 two stroke dirt bike(forgot the model),as used by Steve McQueen in the classic "On Any Sunday"

1995 Buell S2 Thunderbolt-factory stock with less than 900 miles on it.

1999 Buell X1 Racestripe- way too many mods to list.fast and handles like a racebike.a real wheelie machine.

Wife:

2001 Harley 1200 Sportster Sport-Stock except for baffles knocked out of stock mufflers.

1996 Honda XL 600-She's tall so she needs a taller bike to balance.She has never had the front wheel off the ground,shame.

Kids:

15 year old daughter:

Honda XL 250-I found this used last year and she rides with my brother a lot.She is afraid to jump really high but does big wheelies a lot.She has ridden her mother's bike a few times.

12 year old daughter:

Honda XR 250-this is a used racebike that I modded to be little more docile.She is a really good rider and is really fast.She can do big jumps and some monster wheelies.She rides with my brother a lot also.

8 year old son:

2002 Suzuki RM-80-My little guy is a fearless madman.His mother can't stand to see him ride because she is afraid he's gonna kill himself.He has real skills and is faster than my brother who is an amature dirt racer.He does some amazing tricks and nobody can keep up with him.He does stoppies,can ride wheelies for what seems like miles and can do tricks like standing his bike up against walls without his feet ever touching the ground.He has perfected a "bunny hop" jump that he does to jump over things without a ramp.I think after he gets hurt good once he'll slow down but I'm not sure.

I don't dirt ride much anymore cause I am way out of shape.When I improve my conditioning I'll probably buy a new dirt bike to ride with my family.I always wear a helmet,boots,gloves and jacket as does all my family.My entire family including my mom are all motorcyclists and I have been riding since I was four years old.

Jul 6, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #12 of 38
Originally poated by Tuberoller:
Wife:

2001 Harley 1200 Sportster Sport-Stock except for baffles knocked out of stock mufflers.

**** like that is why Daytona Beach is very close to running "Bike Week" off. Lots of noise to conceal very lirttle "go".

Jul 6, 2002 at 8:37 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by gaineso
Originally poated by Tuberoller:
Wife:

**** like that is why Daytona Beach is very close to running "Bike Week" off. Lots of noise to conceal very lirttle "go".

What?

This bike is so quiet that it can be ridden down my long narrow driveway at night without waking anyone.I said the baffles were knocked out of a stock pipe.How did bikeweek and Daytona come to mind?That bike is plenty fast for what my wife uses it for.Lighten up,man.

Jul 6, 2002 at 10:37 AM Post #14 of 38
Stock mufflers on most Harleys are obnoxiously loud. Baffles out is only for the purpose of making it even louder.

St. Augustine's wonderful City Council is begging the bikers to come here. Free parking during Bike Week. Trying to get merchants to give discounts. A few bars do. It's also become an issue for the next election. "Get those noisy damn things out of our city" is essentially where most of the residents and a lot of merchants are at. During Bike Week, bars make more money, Everybody else loses money, because the regular tourists, who spend a lot more, stay away.

You lighten up and put QUIET mufflers on those things, with baffles.

Jul 6, 2002 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 38
Two Brothers Racing header into carbon fiber can and proper carb jetting; Ohlins rear shock with remote resevoir, Corbin custom saddle, and fresh Dunlops - find me a twisty road and YEE-HAH!! best set up bike I've had in 25 years of riding

I am surrounded in the neighborhood, however, by wannabees with brand new cruisers and "look-at-me" straight pipes (bunch of couch-sitting wankers who have no appreciation or understanding of "form follows function"). Now, don't get me wrong, V-twins have their place; I've got one on my lawn mower! It's so loud some mornings that I've offered to prove to she-who-must-be-obeyed that the posers won't be able to hear my .308 over their exhaust noise. "Loud pipes" does not equal "more go".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back