Motorcycle-Fi
Jul 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #226 of 500
I am a fan of american metal and I am currently working on a 70's era Ironhead HD project bike.  I want to add a hardtail and a springer front end along with a few other custom touches. 

I appreciate the pics posted of the Asian bikes but they are just not for me, I am not in that big of a hurry.:)

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #227 of 500
Well, they're not all Asian.  Just because there are a lot of sport bikes pictured doesn't mean they all have to be Asian. 
wink.gif
  I have spaghetti with my Ducati and schnitzel with the BMW I rode on track.

Anyways, post up pics of your project and any progress pics.

Quote:
I am a fan of american metal and I am currently working on a 70's era Ironhead HD project bike.  I want to add a hardtail and a springer front end along with a few other custom touches. 

I appreciate the pics posted of the Asian bikes but they are just not for me, I am not in that big of a hurry.:)

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #228 of 500
So i installed the power commander 3 yesterday on my 2005 yamaha R6.

Downloaded the map for the level one racing exhuast that's provided by dynojet.

Within a 6 mile ride the bike randomly dropped RPMs in 2nd' 3rd and 4th gears, usually around 3k to 6k RPM. Suddenly loses power and feels like fuel's being shut off. To elaborate more, the bike sounds like its working on half the cylinders and drops to a throaty growl instead of a smooth high pitched sound that i am used to and the RPMs climbs very slowly when i twist the throttle open further and randomly the bike kicks back into life and starts sounding and running like it should.

It also died at a stop light in neutral and back fired when accelerating VERY loudly.

I only have a BMC air filter and the slip on exhaust installed. Had no problems with the bike prior to having the power commander installed.

tried the zero map and same results if not worse. dies after a while when left idling.

went back to stock..took off the PC3 and ripped around for a good 7-10 miles. not one of the issues that were present with the PC3 popped up.  

Thinking this is just a bad PC3 module and going to return it to the seller. :p

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #231 of 500
True,  There are sport bikes from other companies but I am not interested in those either.
I will see if I can get some pics when it gets to the next stage of build.

Quote:
Well, they're not all Asian.  Just because there are a lot of sport bikes pictured doesn't mean they all have to be Asian. 
wink.gif
  I have spaghetti with my Ducati and schnitzel with the BMW I rode on track.

Anyways, post up pics of your project and any progress pics.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #232 of 500
I forgot two American made sport bikes.  Eric Buell Racing (formerly the defunct Buell) and Fischer.  If you don't like those, then maybe it's more accurate to say you're just not into sport bikes in general.  Which is OK.  As I'm not really all that crazy about many cruisers.  I did think about buying a Vrod/Street Rod, but the seating position was that much different than riding a sport bike.  And many die hard HD guys don't consider the Vrod/Street Rods a real Harley anyways.

Looking forward to the pics.

Quote:
True,  There are sport bikes from other companies but I am not interested in those either.
I will see if I can get some pics when it gets to the next stage of build.

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #234 of 500
A pic of me riding into Tuesday Night Coffee earlier this week here in Portland.

ANd yes, I lowsided at around 40 MPH about a montha nd half ago..loss of concentration, been riding for 3.5 hours, heat, no food and was running only on coffee..

battlescars and a lesson learned 

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #235 of 500
Glad to see and hear that your battle wounds are relatively minor.  I had situation far back when I was waiting for the red light to change green at a very busy intersection (average time for light to change green is close to 5 minutes) and my mind drifted off for too long.  When my mind came back to earth, similarly, I found my bike flat on its right side with all eyes on me.  Somehow, I think I received a quick jolt of adrenaline as I was able to lift the bike back up and ride off in pure embarrassment. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #237 of 500
nice!

THis last weekend i got around to scrubbing in my new dunlop Q2 tires..650 miles in 2 days.

Being pulled over by the po-po 50 miles into the ride :p

Moto-camping is the flavor alright!!

Saturday: 275 miles of pure awesomeness in Central Oregon. Blistering pace in and around Fossil.

On our way to cool off in the river after a long hard day of shredding !!

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #240 of 500
yup...that's one of the main things i need to learn to do. I don't hang off at all!!..so I run out of rubber a lot quicker and unnecessary lean angles. Monday is track day at PIR. Hope to start learning to hang off a little and learn what else i am doing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back