Mothers Day Gifts
May 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #16 of 17
After my wife opened up the CD, I quickly ran downstairs and quickly ripped a FLAC copy (for the PC) and an .mp3 copy (for the iPod/iPhone).

I listened once at work, and I am now listening for the 3rd time.  This is really catchy stuff, but I have always been interested in Mr. and Mrs. Marcos, so enjoying this more than the average music fan or David Byrne fan doesn't surprise me.  Some of the songs are real toe-tappers, and since my music collection doesn't have many female vocalists, this CD gives it a shot in the arm.

I'd give it 4 stars if the listener is ambivalent towards the Philippines and the Marcos era, but 5 stars if one followed the Marcos story as it played out from the 60's to the late 80's and finds that period of Filipino history fascinating.

May 10, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 17

Quote:
allmusic ((( Here Lies Love > Overview )))
Not a fan of flowers, and my wife has told me not to spend a lot. So, this is what she is getting from her two boys (via my credit card). The boys are 12 and 3 years old, respectively. The 12-year old thought this was cool, and the youngest has no opinion on the matter.

I saw this at Best Buy just last week and thought about picking it up. It was in a maroon-colored book packaging, right? It caught my eye because of the picture of Imelda Marcos on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back