Motherboard audio chip weird audio interfernce would a usb dac help?
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

coldroll

New Head-Fier
Hi the audio chip on my sandy bridge motherboard has started buzzing and making weird high pitched noises through my headphones and it gets worse when I move my computer mouse around. I recently bought a rtx 2070 super graphics card a couple of days ago and thought it might be the culprit, so I changed the GPU out with a old gtx 960 that I had lying around and the problem is still there so it's not the GPU causing the issue. I looked up the issue on google and apparently it can be caused by the GPU or the power supply or the audio chip on the motherboard is failing. My power supply is eight years old and the fan is starting to fail so I'm going to replace it with a new one to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't fix the issue then I'd like to buy a decent external USB sound card/headphone amp to replace the audio chip set on my motherboard. There is no room for a sound card in my motherboard, so it has to be an external USB sound card I head they are better then an internal sound card because you don't get the interference from the fans and graphics card in the motherboard. My headphones are 32ohm headphones so that don't need much power to power them. They are the Sennhesier hd 598cs. Any recommendations for a good USB/headphone dac is this any good? it has a USB c connector which my motherboard doesn't have, would a USB c to USB converter work with it?

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-He...earch-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=13880161&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GGKYR2...d9-9e0b32535906&pd_rd_wg=f35pN&qid=1592446082

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Once I tried FL Studio and it changed the power settings from "Balanced" to "High Performance". That makes my computer produce lots of noise of this kind. Just wanted to add this because you wrote "... started buzzing".

Jun 20, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Oh I thought it said USB c thanks for telling me that! But a micro usb to usb adapter would work with that dac though right?
What is the make and model of your motherboard?
If you need headphone surround sound (like for FPS gaming), then get a Creative Labs G5 or G6 USB sound card.
If your really just using stereo (2.) audio?
Then check out the Schiit Fulla 3 DAC/amp

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 6
Once I tried FL Studio and it changed the power settings from "Balanced" to "High Performance". That makes my computer produce lots of noise of this kind. Just wanted to add this because you wrote "... started buzzing".
No I don't use FL Studio so that can be ruled out, I think it's proably the power supply because when I move my computer mouse there is a faint buzzing noise. And whenever I download something there is buzzing as well. And when I play video games at a high fps the buzzing is really loud, the power supply itself has coil whine as well under heavy load. I ordered a new power supply and I'm just waiting for it to arrive sometime next week. Also PurpleAngel I'll check out the SHiit Full 3 dac amp thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back