Moth Audio Si2A3 and Low impedence ???
Mar 19, 2005 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mbratrud

100+ Head-Fier
Can the moth Si2A3 drive low inpdence headphones.

I know that they recommended the HD 600 but in threads the then president of Moth said that it oculd drive anything from 2 ohms up....But then he was selling them.

Tuberoller called this the best headphone amplifier hea had ever heard...but didn't say if he used them with any low impedence phones.

For the record I am looking at driving the ATH W2002 (around 45 ohms) and the SA5000 (around 70 Ohms).

Mar 20, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 6
I am not sure what "without any problem means"? Does it drive them with authority and to a level which is comensurate with the amplifier's design or is it merely capable of runnig them?

Note: the question is put a bit tersely and I in no way mean to sound snide.

Mar 20, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 6
"Without any problems" means just that. And yes, it drove them with authority. "Commensurate with the amplifiers design", I believe the amp was built to drive all imp cans from Grado on up. If I understand you correctly, and I may not, I never turned the volume much past 9:00 when using my MS-2's.

Mar 20, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 6
The current Moth 2A3 build will exercise low impedence headphones to a completely full workout, bringing the most possible out of them. I come to "musicgasim" with any impedence headphone I use with it. Most female voices; recorded in a hi-resolution format like HDCD, SACD, and DVD-A; are like rich decadent Swiss chocolate, the best money can buy; melting away as each note is consumed.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Mar 20, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbratrud
Can the moth Si2A3 drive low inpdence headphones.

I know that they recommended the HD 600 but in threads the then president of Moth said that it oculd drive anything from 2 ohms up....But then he was selling them.

Tuberoller called this the best headphone amplifier hea had ever heard...but didn't say if he used them with any low impedence phones.

For the record I am looking at driving the ATH W2002 (around 45 ohms) and the SA5000 (around 70 Ohms).

The headfier Nightfall has one as well. You might want to PM him about it. He uses the Grado PS-1's. How it would fare with your w2002 I wouldn't know. Bet it sounds killer with your R-10's though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back