Most Wanted 'in development' product
Feb 8, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #46 of 56
Ain't history great!!
3 years later and still no tube amp from Headroom.
frown.gif

3 years later and Tyll is still talking about a portable source, though much less now, and a totally different idea.

Feb 8, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #48 of 56
HeadRoom portable source would be awesome...and while I'm dreaming, make it a PCDP/HDAP hybrid...

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Ain't history great!!
3 years later and still no tube amp from Headroom.
frown.gif

3 years later and Tyll is still talking about a portable source, though much less now, and a totally different idea.

Ya know,
Somewhere here I recently posted that I try to visit the sponsors forums more often because I usually miss something good. Well,...
I didn't go to Headroom's forum for a while, like I knew I should have. Therefore, I now look like an idiot with the quoted post.

It seems Headroom is going to be building a tube amp.
cool.gif

So, I stand corrected.

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #52 of 56
I'm really looking forward to that new tube amp, so I'll be following this one very closely.

Feb 9, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by ingmarwa
i know that wadia are in the planning stages of a pcdp/dap product....!
cool.gif

There's a head-fier here who works at Wadia. Maybe he can tell us more about this.

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #54 of 56
jefemeister where are joo man!!! wheres our pdcp ... ? ... yeah ... also stax omega 3 wouldnt be too bad ... solid gold edition ... for the rich mofo in you. dang if someone would just copy the dcp-150 and just put it out again, or maybe forget the PDCP and everyone just get an Iriver hp120 w/optical out and have the PPA- Aos Dac - Discrete Buff - Battery board in one case... was listening to this last night at larocco, was pretty amazed at the consistent sound quality with every song, was impressed that it was better than outta of the maudios 2496 Digital/Out, driving the hd650s perfectly.

Also then again at headroom, maybe you guys could build your pdcp in-house? Or Combine forces with Wadia, and split off to make headwadia, uhh we make sound thingys, or manufacture stuff in canada, and find cheap canuck labor to put this pdcp together, eh? Oh Canada ..... heh, maybe i shouldnt be saying this im two hours from the canadian border, they might wail on me with their hockey sticks, anyways sounds like fun stuff guys id like to see something come outta this thread.
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
600smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #55 of 56
I dont believe Wadia has any plants currently to design a PCDP. I think Jefemeister posted a thread about it just as a general "daydream" to roll the idea around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back