Most suitable headphones for producing electronic music ?
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

m-essence

New Head-Fier
I was thinking about buying the
AKG K-271 MK2,
AKG K242 HD,
AKG K141 MK2,
AKG 171 MK2
or ATH-M50.

(Sorry, forgot to add these : Beyerdynamic DT 250 [80 ohm])

These are the available headphones i can buy and i wanted to ask which one would be the most indicated to produce electronic music.
I heard some people say that the newer models of the M50´s are flat and others say they pronounce more the bass and treble but i sincerely dont know (forgive me for my ignorance).
Also i am not familiar with the build of the AKG´s but the headbands dont seem really sturdy...i had the Pioneer SE-M390 for a while and the headband is really fragile.Not saying they are made from the same materials but the way its made is kind of the same.
So if anyone could chose which of these headphones are the most suitable to produce electro would be really helpful.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I find these too bass light for electronic:

AKG K-271 MK2
AKG K242 HD

The ATH-M50 performs quite well with electronic music, but can clamp on the head a bit hard.  To alleviate this simply place the ATH-M50 over a full-sized tissue box when not in use.  This stretches out the headphone and removes the extra clamping force.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I find these too bass light for electronic:

AKG K-271 MK2
AKG K242 HD

The ATH-M50 performs quite well with electronic music, but can clamp on the head a bit hard.  To alleviate this simply place the ATH-M50 over a full-sized tissue box when not in use.  This stretches out the headphone and removes the extra clamping force.

What about the Beyerdynamic DT 250 (80 ohm) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back