most ridiculous amg rating?
Oct 29, 2003 at 7:38 PM Post #16 of 25
hey riordan,
everyone is free to my own opinion.
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 25
ALL OF AMG's RATINGS ARE RIDICULOUS!

All this website is good for is TRACK LISTINGS

NOTHING ELSE(well their bio's and definition of genre's are pretty crecent fresh) but that's all!

Nov 2, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #19 of 25
yeah, i'm starting to see that more of their ratings are ridiculous than i thought. i've never used AMG only, though. i use AMG, drownedinsound.com, pitchfork media, and even rolling stone sometimes to get a wide range of opinions. anything from a single reviewer should be taken with a grain of salt. many would like to complain about influence of earlier artists on current artists instead of actually listening to the music.

Nov 2, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #20 of 25
I see. Search for an album that you would not be caught dead buying and see if the rating is more than the negative two stars that is your opinion of it and when they rate it high you discount all of their services.

rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #21 of 25
and how do you know i was referring to the britney album? and besides, as i said, you have to take ANY review with a grain of salt. geez. just because you made it clear you love AMG doesn't mean there can't be differing opinions. they've given me some good recommendations, too, but it ain't perfect. no review site is.

Nov 3, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
and how do you know i was referring to the britney album? and besides, as i said, you have to take ANY review with a grain of salt. geez. just because you made it clear you love AMG doesn't mean there can't be differing opinions. they've given me some good recommendations, too, but it ain't perfect. no review site is.

Hmm, are you assumming something here?

Nov 3, 2003 at 11:12 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
[B i use AMG, drownedinsound.com, pitchfork media, [/B]

pitchfork is great although they are a bit elitist. although their best new music picks cannot be beat!

Nov 3, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #25 of 25
i think allmusic sucks. the page is ugly and it's hard to link to certain pages in it. it also forces you to make a new window when i'd rather be able to open the link in a new tab, but that doesn't work due to the java they use.

also, a big chunk of their information blows and is wrong. occasionally they are useful, and it's pretty much all we have now, but i really just miss cdnow and wish it was back. i thought they had a much better resource of information and how it was presented was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back