Most recent movies you have dicovered.
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #16 of 27
Screamers - very powerful movie.

image.jpg

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #19 of 27
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #20 of 27
Finally got around to watching Chicago, recently.

I'm not into musicals, but it really is a clever movie.

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brick was pretty good. That was the kid from 3rd Rock.

Birck
was very interesting: Casablanca meets Heathers. I loved the gumshoe lingo and its surprising seriousness.

...couple other high school setting films I enjoyed are the aforementioned Heathers and Thumbsucker.

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmandbluesix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to watching Chicago, recently.

I'm not into musicals, but it really is a clever movie.

a yawner compared to seeing ute lemper playing it in london...it's a great script, just wasn't thrilled with the cast...

i agree with the "stranger than fiction" posts...really enjoyed seeing it over the weekend...i thought maggie gylenhall (sp?) was terrific...

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #23 of 27
Mar 5, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The POV docs seems to be showing up in some libraries on DVD. Saw Farmingville recently. Just finished Speedo this morning. You may want to check it out of you're a fan or Hands on a Hard Body or Heavy Metal Parking Lot.

I'm all over it. Thanks for the recommendations.

For those who have not seen Hands on a Hard Body it should go to #1 on your "to see" list. It's a documentary about a set of very determined, bizarre Texans. It's films like HOAHB that support the quip "reality is stranger than fiction". I don't want to spoil it, but I'll say this film is a progenitor of many of the endurance contests you find on reality TV game shows, but unlike reality TV, HOAHB is not canned for the network; it's real, and in the end it's about the big picture of human experience.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #25 of 27
This weekend, instead of studying for an AP Bio exam (I got around to it eventually), I saw:

Taxi Driver

-and-

Borat

Taxi Driver was cool, because I could connect with the main character. Borat was...extreme?
blink.gif
There were some good parts in there; shame that after I read how some after-scenes really played out, it wasn't so funny anymore.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #26 of 27
Just watched Requiem For A Dream. I have never seen anything like it. It is an absolutely unparalleled film and left me utterly speechless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back