Most Punchy Mid-bass Headphones?
Jul 17, 2023 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Hameem

100+ Head-Fier
Which headphones you heard has the most punchy or slam impact in the mid bass region ? where the kick and snare sound massively punchy and cut through the mix.
it's something not most headphones are known for
the question is not about sub-bass
thank you for trying to find me the best pair, as I'm not happy with my Dan clark Aeon flow closed back.

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 61
Have you tried EQ? The Aeon typically takes it well.

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 61
ZMF Atticus's mid-bass is massive

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 61
I find the whole bass range of the Hifiman HE-R9 to be absolutely out of this world. Possibly the best bass I've heard in a headphone, regardless of price.

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 61
ZMF Atticus's mid-bass is massive
I looked at the curve of that one, just because the midbass is boosed on those ones, does it mean that drums and sounds in general have more impact on that spectrum? mind you that I have tried to boost the mid bass with an EQ with several headhphones and it doesn't work? it makes them more muddy, i dont know how the ones you mentioned sound

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 61
Read your post. If you are actually looking for some mid-bass headphones in the market, I heard some good things about the Meze 109 Pros in the low price range. I owned them for a while. It wasn't for me, but I remember that mid-bass hitting with the headphone EQ on the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch when I still had it.

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 61
I looked at the curve of that one, just because the midbass is boosed on those ones, does it mean that drums and sounds in general have more impact on that spectrum? mind you that I have tried to boost the mid bass with an EQ with several headhphones and it doesn't work? it makes them more muddy, i dont know how the ones you mentioned sound
Midbass and lower mids are prominent as their frequency response suggests, but I also find them super punchy with a lot of impact. They're definitely a warm sounding headphone meant to be fun and engaging, so if you want something more analytical the Atticus might not be the one for you. But if you're looking for something fun and non-fatiguing with addictive midbass it's a great pick. Here's the thread for them if you wanna search through it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/att...ic-driver-headphones-from-zmf.821782/page-633

Jul 18, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #11 of 61
How Ultrasone compare? the X, Signature DJ Pro, or Pulse
Have not heard the DJ, but the X definitely has more bass than the Pulse. Pulse has good mid bass punch but lacks in the low end/ sub bass region, meaning it can sound a little thin. X has similar mid bass, if not slightly more... however it also has more presence in the sub bass region.

If I was to guess, the punchiest mid bass headphone would probably be the Campfire Audio Cascade. Have not heard it myself, but that seems to be the general consensus over on the basshead thread (without EQ).

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #15 of 61
I don't know I never heard the X. It's going to be personal preference no one can really be able to compare every headphone in the market in terms of bass punch.
then i disqualify cascade, it's not going to be chosen, from what you say some ultrasone models hit harder, like the Pulse or DJ signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back