Most powerful noise canceling headphone?
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Animalbeats

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I'm a musician that requires headphones with a very powerful noise canceling feature. I'm aware that passive noise reduction will also count.

I use IEM's, but I'd like another layer of protection.

I'm on a budget too.

Thanks

Gordon.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Well for best noise canceling I would say Bose QC 15 or 25's but they are utterly bad in sound quality and construction. Not to mention overpriced. I used them for airplane flights but not much else. I would personally get something from the Sennheiser line if you are spending around 300-400 dollars. Audio Technica has some pretty good pairs of headphones that are pretty good but are under 200$. Here is a article showing some good noise canceling headphones under 200$. http://www.headphonesunboxed.com/best-noise-cancelling-headphones-under-200/

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 5
Noise canceling works best against a constant background noise. That's why they are effective on airplanes. It doesn't really work very well against transient noise or noise that changes frequency, like voices or music.

What you could do is use IEMs, then wear over-ear hearing protection muffs over the IEMs. Check out products by Howard Leight, Peltor or Pro Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back