Most Powerful 2.1 Speaker System !? Another 2.1 Thread =\
Aug 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #16 of 17
Thanks for all the help guys!!

I've changed my mind - again.

My original plan was to go wth studio monitors and after finding out that my local Guitar Center is having a weekend sale on studio monitors, I'm probably going to be coming home with some Behringers, KRK's or Mackies. We will see and I will keep this thread updated incase otherwise. Anyway, I'm going to still be needing the wires (which I have no clue which ones I'll need) and a subwoofer (but that can wait).

Like it says above, if anyone could help me figuring out which cables I'd need, that'd be greatttt.

What monitors did you end up getting, if any, and what kinds of outputs does your computer have?

Regarding the sub, there were (are?) a few Pinnacle sets on Woot right now, including one of their isobaric units (Babyboomer or Supersonic, I forget which). Otherwise I'd hop on Amazon and grab something like the Polk PSW505 or Bic F12 - probably more bass than any computer needs, but hey, you said loud. :xf_eek: (This will be your whole budget though; if you had more, you'd get even nuttier suggestions :veryevil:).

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:
What monitors did you end up getting, if any, and what kinds of outputs does your computer have?
Regarding the sub, there were (are?) a few Pinnacle sets on Woot right now, including one of their isobaric units (Babyboomer or Supersonic, I forget which). Otherwise I'd hop on Amazon and grab something like the Polk PSW505 or Bic F12 - probably more bass than any computer needs, but hey, you said loud.
redface.gif
(This will be your whole budget though; if you had more, you'd get even nuttier suggestions
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Haha I could imagine the suggestions. Anyway, I got the Mackie MR5Mk2's with a simple audio interface and the monitors are connected to the interface by dual sided trs cables. for $300 and change. Connected by USB to my lappy.

It's working great and I love them already. Now to save up for the subwoofer!

When I got there, it was between the KRK's and the Mackies. I was so surprised at how terrible the KRK's sounded. They were lifeless compared to the Mackies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back